ESG Japan Market Expert Senior Associate - Tokyo
MSCI ESG, part of MSCI Inc, is seeking to expand its global ESG team by recruiting analysts experienced in covering Japanese securities. The analyst will investigate and assess core ESG risks faced by industries in the Japanese market and evaluate performance along the key benchmarks for large publicly traded companies globally. Scope of Responsibility
The candidate would be responsible for:
- Steering the ESG assessment of securities in the Japanese market.
- Develop/maintain a database of regulatory policies and practices that impact the Environment/ Social/ Governance practices of different industries.
- Profile ESG performance of companies in the local market.
- Contribute to the enhancement of the quality of coverage for the Japanese market. Design quality controls and assist in methodology development.
- Review and sign off on high profile research.
- Represent MSCI in a client call to discuss data and content.
- Represent MSCI in an issuer call to explain data collected.
- Contribute to the publication of research reports on key ESG themes for the Japanese market.
- Evaluate new local vendors and sources. Specific Knowledge/Skills
- Should have strong analytical skills.
- Has good understanding of the economic, policy and regulatory landscape of the Japanese market.
- Well versed with the typical corporate governance practices followed by the companies in the market.
- Identify the criticality and availability of data in the Japanese market.
- Strong written and spoken communication skills.
- Problem solving skills.
- Self-starter and self-motivated.
- Should be solutions focused and can work in unstructured environments.
- Comfortable working in a team environment across hierarchies, functions and geographies. Desired Experience
- 6-8 years of experience of which at least three to four years should have been as an Equity research analyst specializing in coverage of the Japanese market.
- Should be experienced in producing research reports, developing projections and recommendations for securities in Japan. Desired Qualifications
- Minimum of Bachelors' degree required. Advanced degree in related field (Masters or PhD) or CFA is preferred but not required. To all recruitment agencies
: MSCI does not accept unsolicited CVs/Resumes. Please do not forward CVs/Resumes to any MSCI employee, location or website. MSCI is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs/Resumes.
MSCI Inc. is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is the policy of the Firm to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, disability, marital and civil partnership/union status, pregnancy (including unlawful discrimination on the basis of a legally protected pregnancy/maternity leave), veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.