Enterprise Risk Management, Vice President
Who we are looking for
The goal of Enterprise Risk Management ("ERM") is to ensure that State Street's risks are proactively identified, well-understood, and prudently managed in support of our business strategy. We are committed to excellence, professionalism, and integrity in serving interests of our internal and external stakeholders.
ERM operates as a Second Line of Defence ("SLoD") control function independent of the First Line of Defence ("FLoD"), responsible for setting the Corporate Risk Appetite; developing policies and procedures to evaluate whether risks are contained within the appropriate limits; monitoring risk-taking; and providing credible review and challenge to the FLoD risk management practices.
As Principal Risk Manager for State Street Trust and Banking, Co. Ltd ("SSTB") the candidate will be responsible to lead SSTB's risk management team and the overall design and implementation of SSTB's risk management framework. Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining plays an important role in the overall success of the organization. Across the globe, institutional investors rely on us to help them manage risk, respond to challenges, and drive performance and profitability. To make that happen we need teams like yours to help navigate employees and the organization as a whole. In your role you will strive for cutting-edge solutions, that are straightforward and scalable. You will help us build resilience and execute day to day deliverables at our best.
Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for. What you will be responsible for
As Enterprise Risk Management you will
What we value
- Drive effective risk governance within SSTB. Actively participate in the risk and compliance committee and other governance bodies. Provide effective review, challenge and risk dialogue for better decision making and risk mitigation.
- Design and implement a second line of defense risk management program appropriate to all risk types applicable to SSTB to achieve better risk outcomes.
- Understand local market regulations and requirements regarding risk management. Analyze changes in regulations or market practices and update risk management practices accordingly.
- Develop and maintain SSTB legal entity risk management policies, rules and procedures as necessary to meet local regulatory or market specific requirements.
- Aggregate and monitor risk exposures across SSTB business units. Escalate significant and above tolerance risks to the SSTB, APAC regional and global risk committees.
- Lead risk identification and assessment programs to proactively identify and manage emerging and tail risks.
- Coordinate risk mitigation efforts in response to high impact operational risk events, including deep dive reviews, investigation and advice on the design of effective remediation plans.
- Support new business initiatives, including review, challenge and approval of proposals for new business and risk acceptance as appropriate.
- Represent ERM in Japan. Effectively and persuasively articulate ERM's role and risk management program to Japan management, clients, regulators, rating agencies, etc.,
- Play a leading role in on-site regulatory inspections and responses to on-site annual offsite questionnaires.
- Manage, coach and develop the skills and experience of the ERM Japan team.
- Promote a strong risk culture, including awareness and compliance with ERM policy requirements.
- Viewed as a trusted advisor, provide quantitative and qualitative advice to the business on risk matters.
- Maintain the highest standards of conduct and integrity.
- High level of personal commitment to each task, can-do attitude, and a drive to deliver.
- Develops a good understanding of the business and organization as a foundation for effective advice and challenge.
- Proactive approach to problem solving, delivering results and finding better ways.
- Lead or support global and APAC regional level ERM projects as required.
These skills will help you succeed in this role
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- People management skills
- Leadership skills
- Communication skills. Able to communicate with all levels of personnel across the organization, including senior executives.
- Presentation skills. Ability to create and deliver clear, persuasive, well-structured presentations appropriate to the audience.
- Analytical skills. Strong data analysis and interpretation skills.
- Project management skills
About State Street What we do.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent
- Minimum of 7 + years risk experience and 10+ years of financial institutions experience
- Relevant professional qualifications a plus
State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation, we're making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we've been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients. Work, Live and Grow.
We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary by location, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans, among other perks. You'll have access to flexible Work Programs to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential. Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility.
We truly believe our employees' diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift programs and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Discover more at StateStreet.com/careers