Eqs Cash Algo Developer (Java), Tokyo/Hong Kong
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB Global Markets
Our core value is building strong relationships with our institutional clients, which include corporations, financial service providers, and fund managers. We help them buy and sell financial products on exchanges around the world, raise funding, and manage risk. This is a dynamic, entrepreneurial team with a passion for the markets, with individuals who thrive in fast-paced, changing environments and are energized by a bustling trading floor. What We Do
At Goldman Sachs, our Engineers don't just make things - we make things possible. Change the world by connecting people and capital with ideas. Solve the most challenging and pressing engineering problems for our clients. Join our engineering teams that build massively scalable software and systems, architect low latency infrastructure solutions, proactively guard against cyber threats, and leverage machine learning alongside financial engineering to continuously turn data into action.
At Goldman Sachs, our culture is one of teamwork, innovation and meritocracy. We often say our people are our greatest asset and we take pride in supporting each colleague both professionally and personally. From collaborative work spaces and mindfulness classes to working from home and flexible work options, we offer our people the support they need to reach their goals in and outside the office. Goldman Sachs Electronic Trading
Goldman Sachs Electronic Trading (GSET) has launched an initiative to become the top provider in electronic trading by building superior technology and delivering high quality products. This vision is a multi-year investment in people, platforms and products. Join the team, and participate in the development and launch of best in class products for top clients across the industry. We are looking for eager, nimble and ambitious engineers to join our growing team of visionaries, and drive Goldman Sachs Electronic Trading to achieve and exceed our goals. Your Impact
This team is accountable for delivering the next generation of Algorithmic Trading products to meet the evolving needs of different business lines globally with rapid software deployment. As stewards of critical components in GSET business, the team is responsible of coming up with innovative solution for Algorithmic Trading Strategies, Smart Order Routing Strategies, dark pool management and internalization. The team consists of self-guided pragmatic individuals who are motivated to change the status quo in calculated ways.
As a member of the team, you will play an integral role on the trading floor. This is a dynamic, entrepreneurial team with a passion for technology and the markets, with individuals who thrive in a fast-paced changing environment. The team takes a data driven approach to decision making and you should be willing to participate in the full product lifecycle from requirements gathering, design, implementation, testing, support, and monitoring trading performance for systems and strategies used by our clients. RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS Responsibilities
- Build best in class algorithmic trading offering to Goldman Sachs' electronic trading clients.
- Design, build and maintain highly specialized, low latency Equities trading strategies.
- Use data to guide decision-making, developing or enhancing tools as necessary to collect it.
- Work closely with Quants to implement and rigorously back test signals and models.
- Observe, measure and act proactively to continuously improve performance of trading strategies.
- Communication with traders, sales, clients and compliance officers about new feature requests, explanation of existing features etc.
- Bachelors or Master's degree in computer science or engineering or equivalent experience
- 4 to 8 years of professional experience developing high performance, low latency systems
- Solid industry experience programming in Java
- Strong knowledge of object oriented programming, data structures, algorithms and design patterns
- Experience developing distributed architecture systems and messaging protocols. Familiarity with core programming concepts and techniques (e.g. concurrency, memory management)
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong communication skills and the ability to work in a team
- Enthusiastic, proactive and driven individual with high degree of attention to detail
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
- Experience building re-usable building blocks and API's for trading strategies that can be deployed in global markets; experience building tools for performance analysis, back testing and visualization
- Over 3 years' relevant experience in Financial industry (algorithmic trading, automation of trader workflows, HFT strategies)
- Background in statistics and data driven performance analysis and optimizations
- Familiarity with Global Equities Markets
- Experience building state management systems, complex event processing and transaction sequencing architectures
- JVM internals, tuning for low-latency, GC-free real-time operation
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2021. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity