Equity Research Associate
- Tokyo, Tokyo-to, Japan
- Permanent, Full time
- MFS Investment Management
- 19 Mar 19
BASIC PURPOSE: At MFS the Equity Research Associate Program is designed to allow associates to become fully immersed in the investment management world of stock picking. The Equity Research Associates work with the fundamental equity research team and gather information on companies to augment the coverage of the analysts.
1. Gathers information about companies by interviewing suppliers, customers, government agencies, sell side analysts, etc. Assists in developing interview questions and gathers data via telephone or in person (hosts visitors or travels to location).
2. Gathers and synthesizes information from multiple sources to assess a company’s growth prospects, competitive position, management, etc. Presents finding to research analyst.
3. Collects financial data from databases and interview process to be utilized in financial modeling.
4. Acts as conduit for cross-industry research between the various members of the sector team.
5. Assumes additional projects and responsibilities as required.
1. Demonstrated passion for investing and the stock market.
2. Exceptional analytical skills, ability to gather and concisely compile large amounts of information.
3. Strong communication skills both written and verbal
4. Ability to work independently on complex projects.
5. Bachelor’s degree.
6. Relevant internship experience preferred.
7. Ability to travel.