Wellington Management offers comprehensive investment management capabilities that span nearly all segments of the global capital markets. Our investment solutions, tailored to the unique return and risk objectives of institutional clients in more than 60 countries, draw on a robust body of proprietary research and a collaborative culture that encourages independent thought and healthy debate. As a private partnership, we believe our ownership structure fosters a long-term view that aligns our perspectives with those of our clients.
We are transitioning to a hybrid work environment where both remote work and the office play a critical role. Our vision is a future where all employees are empowered to work flexibly to drive the best outcomes for our clients. Flexible work is a mindset and a core value. Our employees are encouraged to work remotely two days a week as a standard practice and will have flexibility in terms of working hours.
Wellington Management is looking for a Benefits Specialist to provide support for our APAC region, covering Hong Kong, Singapore, Japan, Australia and China offices. This varied role provides a rare opportunity to work on both operational aspects and strategic projects, develop strong understanding to benefits for multiple markets, and support the rapid growth of our Asia Pacific region. The individual will report to APAC Benefits Lead based in Japan and work with local HR, Finance and Global Benefit colleagues to ensure the provision of high-quality benefit plans and services within the region.
Specific responsibilities will include:
- Support day-to-day management of benefit plans and programs in the region, from overall administration (enrollments and terminations) to annual renewal activity by working with external consultants and insurance brokers.
- Provide a high standard of advice, guidance and support to HR team and employees regarding benefit matter. Act as the front-line responder to escalated benefits plan queries and claim issues to support employee experience.
- Act as a representative for the Benefits team in Business Networks to collaborate on the development of content where subject has a benefits slant.
- Identify process improvement opportunities for benefits administration and collaborate with various teams to create clear scope document, implement automated solutions or workflow changes.
- Support varied benefits project work such as implementation of any new benefit plans and enhancements, tax year-end activities, benefits benchmarking exercise or wellbeing initiatives.
- Develop and deliver employee benefit communications, including updating of employee handbooks, intranet content, improving existing communications and partner with vendors to deliver information sessions to employees in local office.
- Assist with invoice processing, data auditing and billing reconciliation to ensure payments and policies are managed in a timely, accurate and effective manner.
- 3+ years of experience in benefit plan management and administration within APAC region. Experience of supporting multiple markets would be an advantage.
- English proficiency is required. Fluency in a second or third Asian language (e.g., Mandarin Chinese, Cantonese, Japanese) is highly desirable.
- A roll-your-sleeves up and hands-on attitude. Client first service orientation with a desire to exceed expectations.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills. Ability to interact with multiple internal clients and stakeholders across time zone and locations.
- Analytical skills with attention to detail, process and accuracy.
- High level of cross-cultural awareness, sensitivity and confidentiality. Strong interest or understanding to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DE&I) with a mindset to demonstrate in the benefits landscape.
- Proactiveness. Willingness to be creative, make recommendations and drive initiatives.
- Workday HR Systems experience would be highly preferable but not essential.
Not sure you meet 100% of our qualifications? That's ok. If you believe that you could excel in this role, we encourage you to apply and welcome a chance to review your background. We are dedicated to building and maintaining a diversified workforce and considering a broad array of candidates with a variety of skill, workplace experiences, and backgrounds.
As an equal opportunity employer, Wellington Management ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, creed, national origin, age, ancestry, disability (physical or mental), medical condition, citizenship, marital status, pregnancy, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable law . If you are a candidate with a disability, or are assisting a candidate with a disability, and require an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please email us at GMCANINQ@wellington.com .