Who we are looking for
You are an individual who is able to maximize performance in a high-pressured sales trading role, reporting to Tokyo Foreign Exchange Head of Sales. Responsibilities include maintaining and enhancing existing client relationships, new client expansion, and maximizing revenue opportunities. You will be expected to deliver on sales volume, revenue, onboarding, and account planning goals while incorporating corporate culture, inclusion and risk excellence standards. Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining is a part of State Street Global Markets (SSGM). When owners and managers of institutional assets need research, trading, securities lending and innovative portfolio strategies, they turn to SSGM business unit. As our investment research and trading arm, SSGM's number one goal is to enhance and preserve our clients' portfolio values by applying technology, optimizing trading, and linking asset classes and markets across the world.
Join us if making your mark in the capital markets industry from day one is a challenge you are up for. What you will be responsible for
As FX Sales Tokyo, Vice President you will
What we value
- Represent State Street to customers wishing to engage direct foreign exchange services and establish strategic partnerships
- Engaging existing and potential clients with our suite of products, research and services that highlight State Street's value proposition
- Manage and develop client relationships to facilitate our FX business, including account plans and maintenance of customer profiles to facilitate strong and lasting partnerships
- Interact with local, regional and global client segments - Asset Managers, Asset Owners, Insurance, Official Institutions, Alternatives
- Updating account plans and account reviews where you are the primary account manager to ensure understanding of client needs and expectations and plotting strategic solutioning approaches and identifying key client decision makers across client organizations
- Identify new prospects and affect a strategy to onboard by delivering our value proposition
- Represent foreign exchange to internal clients and committees to provide holistic solutions to clients across the organization
- Pricing and keying in trades accurately and timely; liaising with middle and operations; responding to client inquiries
- Ensure State Street understands client FX and investment need and ensure information is shared throughout the organization with timely call reports and updates
- Meet our regulatory expectations and achieve Risk Excellence standards while displaying understanding of corporate culture, inclusion, diversity and ethical conduct
- Generate daily and monthly reports on FX business; conduct analysis and monitoring of client performance
- Achieve global, regional and local budgets
- Work collaboratively with market risk traders to maximize deal flow at the point of execution
- Work closely with your manager to support sales related matters and to fully understand global and regional strategy and participate proactively in the strategy implementation
- Comprehend objectives and roles of relevant department such as Credit, Compliance, Operations, Legal, Audit, Marketing to enhance success and presence in the Tokyo Market
- Respond to internal queries and requests from relevant departments regarding client and sales related matters
- Participate in onboarding process ensuring required documents and credit limits attained
- Participate, facilitate and coordinate client events and functions
- Strong risk management culture - showing accountability and responsibilities in all daily activities and personal conduct
These skills will help you succeed in this role
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Minimum of 5 years of global markets background and related work experience preferred
- Bilingual - working level Japanese and English
- High ethical standards
- Strong client relationship management skills
- Ability to work quickly, prioritize work efficiently and respond well under pressure
About State Street What we do.
- MBA, MS Finance, or CFA preferred
- Proficiency with Microsoft applications
State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation, we're making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we've been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients. Work, Live and Grow.
We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary by location, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans, among other perks. You'll have access to flexible Work Programs to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential. Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility.
We truly believe our employees' diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift programs and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Discover more at StateStreet.com/careers