Who we are looking for
Report to the Financial Controller Japan (Head of Finance), by leading production and submission of the regulatory reporting to the local regulators including but not limited to FSA and Bank of Japan. Strong accounting knowledge based on Japan GAAP as well as banking and other financial regulations are expected. Under the Multiple-hat arrangement, the coverage will include legal entities of wide spectrum including locally licensed trust bank, branch of US bank and investment manager. Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining plays an important role in the overall success of the organization. Across the globe, institutional investors rely on us to help them manage risk, respond to challenges, and drive performance and profitability. To make that happen we need teams like yours to help navigate employees and the organization as a whole. In your role you will strive for cutting-edge solutions, that are straightforward and scalable. You will help us build resilience and execute day to day deliverables at our best.
Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for. What you will be responsible for
As Japan Financial Controller Team you will
What we value
- Own production and submission of the regulatory reporting to the local regulators including but not limited to FSA and Bank of Japan.
- Ensure accurate and timely accounting environment by overseeing day-to-day accounting data production by the regional hubs for Accounts Payable, Billing, Accounting and etc.
- Maintain and enhance governance over control design of the monthly, quarterly and annual general ledger closing and reconciliations.
- Monitor local regulatory, business and other developments or changes which will directly and indirectly impact the regulatory and statutory reporting.
- Coordinate and manage external and internal audits, inspections and inquiries.
- Liaise with Ernst & Young for local tax filing.
These skills will help you succeed in this role
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Prior knowledge and experience of accounting and financial reporting.
- Prior knowledge and solid understanding of regulatory reporting preferred filed with the FSA and Bank of Japan in accordance with local Banking Acts and Financial Instruments Exchange Acts.
- Able to work closely with internal senior stakeholders including business leads or control function representatives.
- Able to offer flexibility whilst ensuring governance with local practice.
- Able to work under pressure and to tight deadline.
- Well-balanced and reasonable person as senior staff member within the team.
- University education - accounting major preferred.
- Senior accountant with at least 10-year experience in financial accounting, audit and accounts preparation. CPA or other qualification preferred.
- Good understanding and experience of banking business in Japan market.
- Strong written and oral communication skills in English and Japanese.
About State Street What we do.
- Experiences of direct exposures to regulators/tax authorities are preferred.
State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we're making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we've been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients. Work, Live and Grow.
We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You'll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential. Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility.
We truly believe our employees' diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Discover more at StateStreet.com/careers