This new position represents an exciting opportunity to help grow the ESG business for a leading American Financial Services firm. Overseeing a suite of products and services specifically designed to help banks, government entities, and corporate non-financial institutions. Responsible for supporting the business and where appropriate managing and expanding relationships with leading global underwriters, lenders and corporates, turning qualified opportunities into sales.
The core responsibility of the role is to engage with potential customers and their intermediaries to integrate sustainable finance solutions into their product offering.
- Contributing to and supporting the implementation of the firm's business strategy in Japan with responsibility to expand the business with an increasing range of ESG products
- Act as a trusted advisor to clients on how to integrate sustainable finance solutions into their product offering
- Grow and maintain a robust sales pipeline both by self and support performance of the Japan Team
- Respond and organize responses to requests for proposals
- Stay on top of market developments, identify and share product innovation opportunities;
- Represent the company at industry events, conferences, and networking groups
- Provide back-up for staff to assure client coverage across APAC;
- Build, maintain and extend professional networks and support senior managers within the SCS business in Japan;
- Further develop ESG and Sustainable Finance industry knowledge
- Manage staff appointed to you (if appropriate in the future)
- The ideal candidate needs to be a genuine team player who can reach objectives individually, as well as support through close collaboration and coordination with other team members, based on relationship-focused consultative sales philosophy.
- Sales or client facing experience
- Japanese and English fluency required
- Demonstrated interest in Sustainability and ESG
- Experience in the finance sector required