GSAM Division-TOKYO-Associate-Client Onboarding & Configuration
Goldman Sachs Asset Management (GSAM) provides global investment opportunities to a substantial and diversified client base including institutions, governments and high net worth individuals. Critical to the success of GSAM is our ability to leverage a global team of talented professionals in order to define solutions and lead change across the operational infrastructure. GSAM Operations is part of the Federation division of Goldman Sachs and is based in 13 locations across the globe. It consists of 11 functional areas including Client Management, all of which work in a dynamic environment where control, client service and excellence in execution are fundamental principles.
The Client Management team in Tokyo has primary responsibility for all aspects of portfolio accounting, cash management and serves as the single point of contact for all operations related client inquiries. In addition, the team is responsible for onboarding, restructures, and terminations of GSAM client relationships/accounts and funds. These functions cover a wide range of clients and a complex product range, which include equities, fixed income, currency and derivatives, private equities, and hedge funds. The group supports portfolio managers, sales and client relationship professionals by providing accurate and timely client account information and overseeing all aspects of operational risk across portfolios. This involves extensive interaction with internal and external parties to ensure effective oversight for existing business and also to shape and implement solutions for new clients, products, strategies, and system architecture. The group continues to focus on best in-class client experience and working closely with the business to maintain and enhance client relationships. The primary responsibilities include:
• Holistic ownership and understanding of client accounts from a GSAM Operations perspective by coordinating client issues across all Operations teams and business partners, and act as a single point of contact for GSAM business teams.
• Interpret and determine client requirements and service standards from legal documentation and business requirements supporting all account events.
• Assist in the launch of new products and instruments.
• Proactively review indicators of operational issues/concerns with the goal of resolving such issues before client impact.
• Review account level metrics (i.e. reconciling items on cash/position reconciliations, daily corporate actions, NAV Reconciliations, failing trades, standard/non-standard reporting deliverables) as defined by operating standards and research, escalate, remediate exceptions as appropriate.
• Scalability analysis of workflow cost drivers and trends to help drive process improvements, efficiency and cost allocation to various revenue producing desks
• Bachelor's degree required
• Native level Japanese language skills, business level English skills
• Minimum of 5 years of professional experience
• Knowledge of financial products, terms, and finance and account analytics
• Proficient in Microsoft Office, specifically Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
• Highly motivated, collaborative, team-oriented individual
• Demonstrate strong communication and interpersonal skills, to partner effectively across product groups, regions and functional responsibilities
• Background in Operations, Product Management (Back office or Middle office) would be an advantage
• Attention to detail and ability to work to tight deadlines under pressure to provide practical solutions.
• Risk management focus.
• Experience in project management, accounting, data management is highly beneficial.