GSAM, Fundamental Equity Portfolio Management, Research Analyst, Analyst/Associate - Tokyo
Goldman Sachs Asset Management
is one of the world's leading investment managers. With over 2,000 professionals across over 30 offices worldwide, GSAM provides institutional and individual investors with investment and advisory solutions, with strategies spanning asset classes, industries, and geographies.
Our investment solutions include fixed income, money markets, public equity, commodities, hedge funds, private equity, and real estate. Our clients access these solutions through our proprietary strategies, strategic partnerships, and our open-architecture programs. Our investment teams represent over 700 investment professionals, capitalizing on the market insights, risk management expertise, and technology of Goldman Sachs.
We help our clients navigate today's dynamic markets, and identify the opportunities that shape their portfolios and long-term investment goals.
We extend these global capabilities to the world's leading pension plans, sovereign wealth funds, central banks, insurance companies, financial institutions, endowments, foundations, individuals and family offices, for which we invest or advise on over $1 trillion of assets. Responsibilities
- Be a part of a deep fundamentals oriented investment team, and support head of portfolio manager and the team in research, analysis, risk management, marketing, etc.
- Conduct research and generate investment ideas on Japanese mid-small cap stocks.
- Attend all regular team meetings to discuss investment ideas and proactively deliver insightful inputs.
- Fundamentals on financial market including micro/macroeconomics, accounting, and valuation. 2+ years of experience in a financial firm.
- Advanced financial modeling and analysis skill with MS office tools.
- Team player with strong communication skills to bring positive impact on the team and its performance.
- Intellectual curiosity and the ambition to eventually be an independent investment officer.
- Fluent in verbal and written English. Native level Japanese.
- 3+ years of experience in equity research/investment with a focus on fundamentals.
- CFA and CMA would be a plus.
- Any level of Mandarin or Korean language abilities would be a plus.
- Programming skill with VBA, Python, Ruby, or Perl would be a plus.
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers.
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https://www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2021. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity