Global Corporate Bank, MNC, Junior Banker, Analyst
We are pleased to announce an exciting opportunity to join GCB Japan as a junior banker in the MNC team, helping to cover subsidiaries of North American/ EMEA/LATAM/Asia HQ'd companies operating in Japan. We are looking for an exceptional individual with aspirations of developing a career as a corporate banker and trusted advisor to his/her clients. The individual must be enthusiastic, thoughtful and driven to perform, with an ability to communicate and partner effectively with both internal stakeholders as well as external clients at all levels. Key Responsibilities covered by these areas:
- Working with Senior Bankers to manage the firm's relationships with MNC clients based in Japan, helping to maintain regular calling across the client portfolio
- Working intimately with domestic and overseas coverage and product partners to identify opportunities to provide sophisticated banking/treasury solutions to clients
- Staying current on all aspects of the client relationship, including revenue levels, credit exposure, KYC compliance etc.
- Conducting comprehensive client analysis to identify strategic opportunities to market JPMorgan's broad array of corporate banking products and solutions to address client specific needs
- Providing support and assistance to Senior Bankers in negotiating and finalizing documentation for loans and derivative transactions
- Co-ordination of client Know Your Client (KYC) processes as related to record remediations, renewals and new onboardings
- Helping to manage and respond to client screening and disposition requests (GFCC, sanctions, AML, anti-corruption, PEP, news, etc.)
The following points have been carefully considered as being important for the role. Your background must accurately reflect the majority of these points for your application to be considered.
- Strong analytical/research skills, and knowledge of accounting, finance, credit, financial markets and KYC required
- Financial modeling, power point presentation building skills required.
- Knowledge of corporate banking products: including cash management, flow derivatives, FX, commodities, transaction banking and securities processing considered desirable
- Candidates should demonstrate maturity and good judgement, have a strong interest in client interaction, display leadership and proactivity in their work, and possess outstanding teamwork and communication skills
- Previous experience as a Junior Banker or Client Relationship Manager, Product Sales Person or Investment Banking Analyst considered desirable
- Native level fluency in all aspects of Japanese
- Strong command of English (all aspects) or better