Global Markets Operations, FICC Ops - FI Securities Operations, Associate, Tokyo
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB JOB SUMMARY AND RESPONSBILITIES
Risk manage confirmations and settlements for Fixed Income transactions, cash, and repo.
Pro-actively work with external clients and other dealers to resolve economic and language discrepancies
Partner with internal teams - Sales , Trading, Credit, Technology and other operations teams to ensure timely confirmation and settlement
Accurate and timely settlement of cash-flows with adherence to the internal payment policy and procedures
Maintain accurate and clean post settlement work-flows - breaks, fails, etc
Design and initiate process improvements with thorough understanding of the teams' processes and controls
Resolution and escalation of all client disputes and queries
Project and initiative management and participation within the team and across regions YOUR IMPACT
The Operations division partners with all areas of the firm to deliver banking, sales and trading and asset management capabilities to clients around the world. Alongside this vital service delivery role, Operations provides essential risk management and control, preserving and enhancing the firm's assets and its reputation. Operations span all product lines and markets, and functions. RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
The Settlements Team has a dynamic environment where you will be required to be flexible and able to adapt quickly to changes in the markets and to assess requests from the business.
- Respond to varied queries from the business and internal clients
- Become a Market Expert
- Understand internal and external regulations
- Assess market changes and present the impacts / recommendations to the business and Operations Management
- Protect the Firm and its clients from market penalties associated with Asset Servicing events and trading
- Analyze and resolve exceptions
- Evaluate and escalate risk items to management and the business
- Make suggestions for the improvement of settlement efficiency & control
- Optimize securities inventory management
- Maintain close relationships with market counterparts, external and internal clients.
- Participation in strategic and tactical projects with other Operations areas, IT & management.
- Work very closely with other regions counterparts to carry out the projects / initiatives
You will receive all the requisite market, systems and technical training required to develop your existing skill base and maximize your value to the enthusiastic and motivated team that you will be joining. As a front-to-back market-aligned settlements analyst, you will develop a thorough understanding of the markets themselves and the settlement process. SKILLS & EXPERIENCE WE'RE LOOKING FOR BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
- Strong communication and teamwork skills. Essential for interacting at all levels, across business disciplines and regions.
- Time management and ability to multi-task in a high pressure environment.
- Accuracy and attention to detail essential.
- Ability to take ownership for an issue and problem solve, providing clear and concise explanations of findings.
- Self motivated, inquisitive and enthusiastic to learn.
- Japanese speaker, excellent communication and interpersonal skills English
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
- Exposure to FI products and / or prior settlements experience
- Strong technical knowledge, 2+ years of experience in a Settlement Operations role.
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2021. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity