The company is a market leading global manufacturing company which has presence in over 30 countries. Their different segments of products catering to the automotive industry are the top in their user base, and they have strong reputation and presence in each country that they establish their business in. Currently, they are looking for a Global Purchasing Director who is based in Japan, to oversee this function globally.
The Global Purchasing Director oversees the global purchasing activities for the company and is responsible for all purchasing processes and agreements across the organization. The incumbent will be expected to develop and implement strategies to ensure global supply chain is as efficient and cost-effective as possible. They must build and maintain relationships with key partners and work with appropriate team members to negotiate contracts with key suppliers. This position is also responsible for identifying risks within the supply chain and opportunities, and working with the global team to implement appropriate strategies for the business.
The incumbent will be expected to:
- Communicate effectively with senior-level stakeholders as well as multi-functional teams internally across the worldwide offices
- Create, implement and monitor Purchasing KPIs
- CAPEX, follow the investment planning, ordering process and negotiation
- Encourage and implement cross-country synergy and rationalization opportunities within the global organization
- Interact with external suppliers to solve business-related matters
- Manages K&L commodities within the incumbent's perimeters
- Conduct audits on sourcing and purchasing activities
- Focus on the improvement of the company overall purchasing processes, strategies, best practices and policies to further enhance the effieciency of the oganization
- Define and update purchasing processes and harmonize them across the entire organization
- Deliver on cost reduction commitments and improving supply chain through the identification, development and execution of strategic sourcing initiativesAssign buyers, including regional office personnel, to appropriate purchasing duties - integrating and coordinating sourcing on a worldwide basis.
- Assign buyers, including regional office personnel, to appropriate purchasing duties - integrating and coordinating sourcing on a worldwide basis
The requirements for this position are:
- A Bachelor's degree in any field
- 8+ years of global purchasing experiences, preferably in the automotive or electronic manufacturing industries
- Over 10 years of management experiences, preferably managing a team of over 10 headcount
- Have worked in a leadershp position within an organization larger than 1000 employees
- Ability to organize and prioritize in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines
- Strong analysis and negotiating skills
- Must be able to communicate in a clear and professional manner, both written and verbal. Business Japanese will be a huge advantage