HR Relationship Manager
Wellington Management offers comprehensive investment management capabilities that span nearly all segments of the global capital markets. Our investment solutions, tailored to the unique return and risk objectives of institutional clients in more than 55 countries, draw on a robust body of proprietary research and a collaborative culture that encourages independent thought and healthy debate. As a private partnership, we believe our ownership structure fosters a long-term view that aligns our perspectives with those of our clients. POSITION
We are seeking to hire a Human Resources professional to join the APAC HR team, with expertise in HR Relationship Management. The individual will have broad HR responsibilities in providing generalist support primarily to the InvesTech and Infrastructure business groups across the Tokyo, Singapore, Hong Kong and Sydney offices. In this capacity, the individual will work with the business leaders to develop and implement Human Resources strategies to support the business objectives of this group. The role will report to the Head of HR APAC based in Hong Kong.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Support general employees and managers within your functions in managing the annual cyclical people processes including Mid-Year and Year-End Compensation Programs, Officership Promotions, Performance Management and Talent Reviews.
- Act as a coach to managers for employee relations issues, compensation decisions, staffing and organizational design
- Contribute to the development of the firm's diversity initiatives and provide HR support to local business networks
- Act as a resource to employees for questions, concerns, assist employees with career development, career progression as well as problem resolution
- Meet with new employees to help with onboarding assimilation and development
- Assist with training and development; including coordination of existing training programs, hosting training and developing training needs as necessary.
- Liaise with HR and Finance Specialists on compensation and benefit issues.
- Liaise with other HR colleagues in our global offices as well as Finance functions such as Global Mobility, Tax, Payroll, Benefits for day-to-day issues or project work.
The ideal candidate will have the following experience and qualifications:
SKILLS JOB TITLE
- Bachelor's degree required (Masters preferred)
- 7-10 years of HR Relationship Management experience working in a global organization in Financial Services or Professional services industries preferred
- Strong proficiency in English and Japanese. Mandarin Chinese a plus
- Knowledge and practice of employment and labor law to effectively manage and solve issues
- Strong relationship building skills with a proven ability to provide feedback, influence and persuade
- Have strong active listening skills and empathy
- High degree of integrity and confidentiality, deal effectively with uncertainty and ambiguity
- Ability to collaborate across global virtual teams and yet operate independently
- Have strong business acumen and keen interest to understand our clients' business
- Must have excellent verbal and written communications including presentation and facilitation skills
HR Relationship Manager LOCATION
As an equal opportunity employer, Wellington Management ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, creed, national origin, age, ancestry, disability (physical or mental), medical condition, citizenship, marital status, pregnancy, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable law . If you are a candidate with a disability, or are assisting a candidate with a disability, and require an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please email us at GMCANINQ@wellington.com .