The Head of Finance will be responsible for all areas of accounting and financial operations. We are looking for someone to develop and maintain accounting principles, best practices, and systems for collecting, analyzing and reporting information. Must have a strong understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
The successful candidate is expected to be able to supervise/handle the full cycle of accounting including
- Reporting and Financial Statements: closing books (monthly/quarterly/annually), preparing financial reports, e.g. P&L, Balance sheet, cash flow, and variance analysis
- Accounts Payable (money out): maintenance of AP ledger and making payments
- Accounts Receivable and Revenue Tracking (money in): revenue recognition, maintenance of sales/AR ledger, billing and processing incoming payments
- Tax: proper tax filing and payments
- Financial Controls: continuous efforts to improve/maintain internal controls to avoid errors, fraud and theft
As said above, the Head of Finance will be responsible for all areas of accounting and financial operations. We are looking for someone to develop and maintain accounting principles, best practices, and
systems for collecting, analyzing and reporting information. Must have a strong understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
The Head of Finance will also be responsible for helping audit, budgets/forecasts, management reporting, cost savings, and supporting managers across teams, departments, and affiliate companies with
Reporting to: CEO
About the company
We have gathered IT experts from all over the world and currently boast an international working environment of employees from over 40 countries.
We want people who value teamwork and a results-driven mindset, who flourish in a challenging and diverse working environment. We value your passion and commitment, and reward your performance.
You will be working within a team of 4 members. This team is responsible for accounting missions of the company and for supervision of accounting functions at its foreign affiliates.
- 10+ years as a hands-on all-around accountant in accordance with J GAAP/US GAAP/IFRS
- Native or bilingual level Japanese and business or intermediate level English language skill
- Highly motivated self-starter with good communication skills
- Bachelor or above degrees in Finance related majors
- Desirable that the candidate has a background working in IT firm, but open to high potential candidates from other industries
- Advanced computer skills (MS excel, word, etc.)
- Experience to deal with startup companies (plus)
- Experience in IT sector (plus)
- A Japanese CPA or US CPA qualification (plus)