Head of Investment Operations
State Street Global Advisors Who we are looking for Summary of role:
The Head of SSGA Japan Investment Operations is responsible for managing the local SSGA investment operations team. The team is responsible for (i) provide service across the client life cycle, from onboarding client's account or fund, perform AML/KYC, daily servicing of existing business, and planning for long-term development, (ii) perform oversight of outsourced activities, (iii) support SSGA's other business units (Sales, Portfolio Managers, etc.) and clients, (iv) performance computation and (v) client reporting.
You will report directly to the Head of APAC Operations. You will interact with various key stakeholders including Portfolio Management, Trading, Sales, Marketing & Client Facing teams, Senior Leadership team, Compliance, Legal, the broader APAC Investment Operations and third parties to ensure high levels of service quality while adhering to regulatory requirements, operating risk tolerances and also supporting a culture of continuous improvement. Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining is a part of State Street Global Advisors, one of the biggest asset managers in the world, that provides services to the world's governments, institutions and financial advisors across the globe. With over four decades of experience and trillions of dollars in assets under management, we offer one of the broadest selections of services across asset classes, risk profiles, regions and styles. As pioneers in index, ETF, and ESG investing, we are always inventing new ways to invest.
Join us if making your mark in the asset management industry from day one is a challenge you are up for. What you will be responsible for
What we value
- Lead and Manage day to day operations supporting SSGA Portfolio Management activities, Distribution and Client Service operations in Japan, ensuring high levels of service quality while adhering to regulatory requirements, operating risk tolerances and also supporting a culture of continuous improvement.
- Operational support for new product and new business activities implementation in Japan.
- Manage and escalate material operating issues, errors and events in accordance with Issue Management Standard and ERM policies and guidelines. Ensure robust actions to prevent reoccurrence (ATPR) are identified and actioned.
- Drive improvement in the system of internal controls to achieve Risk Excellence. Build and maintain a holistic view of processes, risks and controls.
- Oversee outsourced functions and ensure oversight governance and metrics & Key Performance Indicators are implemented.
- Attract, engage, and develop a diverse set of operations professionals motivated to deliver sustainable operational excellence.
- Strengthen the collaboration and coordination between Operations and Portfolio Managers in Tokyo and Singapore.
- Leveraging regional resources for efficiency gains and diversification of talent.
- Perform other duties as required
These skills will help you succeed in this role
About State Street What we do.
- Bachelor's degree required, Masters or other advanced degree preferred
- 10+ years financial services experience with a large financial services firm
- Leadership and management skills
- Proven ability to collaborate and drive execution at all levels within the organization and build strong professional relationships
- Broad based experience focused on risk management, or regulatory compliance, control programs and project management
- Strong communication, influencing, and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated ability to lead cross-functional projects and act as change agent
- Knowledgeable about processes, risks, controls and controls design
- Strong Japanese and English language skills, both written and oral
- Strong MS Office skills and knowledge of database
- Self-motivated professional with the ability to work under pressure and meet bold deadlines and goals
State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation, we're making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we've been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients. Work, Live and Grow.
We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary by location, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans, among other perks. You'll have access to flexible Work Programs to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential. Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility.
We truly believe our employees' diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift programs and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Discover more at StateStreet.com/careers