Wellington Management offers comprehensive investment management capabilities that span nearly all segments of the global capital markets. Our investment solutions, tailored to the unique return and risk objectives of institutional clients in more than 55 countries, draw on a robust body of proprietary research and a collaborative culture that encourages independent thought and healthy debate. As a private partnership, we believe our ownership structure fosters a long-term view that aligns our perspectives with those of our clients. POSITION
The Investment Product and Fund Strategies (IPFS) group at Wellington Management is a product center of excellence with focus across the lifecycle of our products including product innovation, portfolio representation, portfolio integrity, and product delivery, increasingly through funds. The team is responsible for defining the product and vehicle strategy across asset class and geography and works in partnership with colleagues on client and investment platforms to implement that strategy.
The Product Management group partners with Wellington Management's investors and investment strategies through all phases of their lifecycle, including developing and marketing new investment strategies, ensuring the integrity and sustainability of existing investment strategies, and adapting investment strategies as appropriate to meet evolving client needs.
Key areas of focus include:
- Investment Integrity - Work closely with investment teams to define, implement, and enhance investment processes
- Book of Business Management - Work with investors, relationship managers, and business developers to assist in growing, retaining, and diversifying the firm's fixed income assets
- Portfolio Representation - Act as investment representative of Wellington Management and one or more of its portfolios to clients, prospects, consultants, and internal colleagues
This Investment Analyst will work closely with the Investment Directors and Investment Specialists in Investment Product and Fund Strategies in Tokyo and Boston as well as other professionals at the firm on marketing, product development, product integrity, and servicing of existing clients in all of our investment approaches. The Analyst will be involved in the day-to-day activities of the Investment Products Funds and Strategies Group across a range of areas.
Responsibilities include portfolio and market analysis, interpreting attribution, and explaining portfolio positioning and outlook. The individual will prepare analysis and materials for meetings with clients, prospects, and consultants and will respond to product and market related questions. Additional duties and projects may include market analysis, competitor analysis, review of RFPs, and creation and maintenance of marketing materials.
Responsibilities will include:
- Utilizing various internal and third-party systems to access current and historical portfolio and market data
- Assisting in analyzing portfolio and market data and summarizing important takeaways
- Supporting the portfolio review and marketing process by producing, interpreting, and assembling reports across a range of areas including performance, characteristics, attribution, style, risk, and competitive analysis
- Supporting the composite review process through analysis and data-gathering and fact checking
- Assisting in the preparation of presentation materials for use with clients, consultants, and prospects, including translation of some of these materials into Japanese
- Completing system-based tasks and projects in response to ad-hoc product-related requests from internal and external constituents
- Building efficiencies by leveraging technology
- Supporting the RFP responses review
We seek individuals that possess a high degree of demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills, intellectual curiosity, and enthusiasm. The individual must be a hard-working self-starter eager to learn about the investment business. A positive, collegial attitude and high level of professionalism are essential, as is initiative and the ability to thrive in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment with tight deadlines. Candidates must be fluent in both Japanese and English.
Further, the ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications:
SKILLS JOB TITLE
- A minimum of 3 years financial industry experience, preferably in a relevant capacity such as product sales and support
- Strong academic track record and demonstrated quantitative and numerical analytical skills
- Working knowledge of relevant asset classes such as Fixed Income and Equity
- Effective English and Japanese communications skills, both written and oral
- Ability to work independently without significant direction and with a team
- Ability to organize, manage, and prioritize time well
- Creativity, thoroughness, attention to detail, can-do attitude and a comfort with working with a variety of constituents
- Comfort with large amounts of data and data manipulation
- MBA and/or CFA is desirable
Investment Analyst LOCATION
As an equal opportunity employer, Wellington Management ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, creed, national origin, age, ancestry, disability (physical or mental), medical condition, citizenship, marital status, pregnancy, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable law . If you are a candidate with a disability, or are assisting a candidate with a disability, and require an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please email us at GMCANINQ@wellington.com .