Investment Banking Division-Transaction Banking (TxB) Sales, Vice President, Tokyo
Investment Banking Division
Our division works on some of the most complex financial challenges and transactions in the market today. Whether advising on a merger, providing financial solutions for an acquisition, or structuring an initial public offering, we handle projects that help clients at major milestones. We work with corporations, pension funds, financial sponsors, and governments and are team of strong analytical thinkers, who have a passion for producing out-of-the-box ideas. Transaction Banking
We aim to build a modern and digital-first transaction banking solution to serve our clients. Our business combines the strength, heritage, and expertise of a 150-year-old firm with the agility and entrepreneurial spirit of a tech start-up. Our goal is to provide a best-in-class digital product that helps clients to succeed by giving them a holistic view of their business. Through the use of modern technology built on the cloud, we are the alternative to legacy platforms. We're a team of diverse experts helping our clients to build the future of their Treasury. This role will be a part of the founding members of our Transaction Banking team in Tokyo. Responsibilities and Qualifications
Transaction Banking Product Sales is responsible for qualifying, prospecting and driving revenue opportunities for the Transaction Banking business. This professional advises clients on comprehensive cash management solutions and optimization using our technical integration products. The right candidate for this role uses technical expertise to solution customized products with clients.
- Manage a portfolio of Top Tier Local Corporates and be responsible for sales origination, cross-sell and retention across the portfolio;
- Originate new sales for clients, cross-selling transaction banking products and services to deepen wallet penetration, revenue realization and expansion, and driving customer satisfaction through quality service delivery;
- Primary global or regional point of contact and accountability for Transaction Banking sales origination and related activities to clients
- Responsible for growing the P&L of clients and overseeing the sales process from origination to revenue realization for assigned clients
- Manage and drive the deal team and work closely with Relationship Managers, Transaction Banking Product, Client Delivery and Operations & Technology to achieve objectives
- Ensure consistent, professional delivery of all client management disciplines including: account planning, call reporting, lead generation, pipeline management, implementation acceleration, plus relationship reviews
- Identify opportunities for new deals across product set and geographies including multi-product requirements
- Partner with global / regional banking coverage teams for each account:
- Champion multi-product and/or cross-regional solutions and pricing through the deal review process (Product Sales will be responsible for overall proposal creation and deal review)
- Ensure global team communication (e.g. call reports, CRM, emails)
- Drive overall client satisfaction with the platform and build customer loyalty
- 6-10 years of experience in Transaction Banking Product Sales or Corporate Sales
- Product, sales and business management experience
- People with relevant Banking/Finance/Client Service or relationship management
- Customer service oriented person with excellent communication skills
- In-depth knowledge of regulations, market practices and bank operations
- Demonstrated interpersonal, oral/written communication skills
- Proficiency with written and spoken English is a must, Native level proficiency in Japanese language
- Analytical and Advanced problem solving skills
- Ability to work with broad group of stakeholders
- Bachelor's/University degree, Master's degree preferred
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers.
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https://www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2021. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity