Investment Banking Operations, DCM Syndicate Execution, Analyst/Associate, Tokyo
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
Investment Banking Operations provide operational support throughout the lifecycle of a Corporate Advisory or Financing Deal. The department is structured as five functional teams within Asia, Europe and the US. The teams are set up to manage each deal through client onboarding, logistics of marketing, deal execution, settlement and invoicing of fees and expenses.
Principal responsibilities of the Syndicate Execution team are:
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
- DCM Syndicate execution support in Japan - Deals for Municipal bonds, Corporate bonds and credit products.
- Working on DCM transactions from pre-launch through to completion of all post pricing requirements
- Close coordination with other Syndicate banks to manage the bookbuilding and allocation process
- Ensuring MNPI is handled sensitively according to the Compliance & Regulatory framework
- Ad hoc reports and analysis - for the regulators, clients and deal teams
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- You will sit on the DCM Syndicate desk in Japan supporting all facets of Japan DCM execution
- Ensure all required postings and underwriting approvals are in place prior to transaction launch
- System set-up and deal creation using the bookbuilding platform to facilitate execution
- You will manage the bookbuilding process including reviewing all orders via Sales into the system
- You will handle any deal related queries from Sales during a transaction
- Work on all aspects post-pricing to ensure all regulatory and risk requirements are completed on time
- Work with DCM bankers and sales to help coordinating IR (roadshow)
- Liaise with Controllers and DCM syndicate to ensure PnL is accurately recorded & all Syndicate fees are settled
- Work with League Table Agencies to ensure all GS transactions are credited accurately
- Provide ad hoc deal reporting, investor analysis & league table stats to senior DCM & Sales leadership
- Complete a range of daily & weekly DCM reporting on behalf of the Syndicate desk
- Work with the IBD Ops teams globally to provide colour around the execution of Japan transactions
The Ideal candidate for this position will have the following qualifications:
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
- Strong communication skills, able to clearly articulate complex ideas
- Strong relationship skills with the ability to build networks
- Strong analytical and organizational skills
- Effective team player
- Self starter, able to work towards targets with minimal supervision
- Commercial awareness, able to understand the impact of the role on client experience and firm profitability
- Ability to drive projects and programmes across the team
- Native Japanese / Business level English language skills
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity