Java / Scala Dev (Application Development)
About the Company
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services Firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm’s employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 747 offices in 42 countries. As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
Quantitative Investment Strategies generate algorithmically the composites of synthetic funds on a daily basis. This business is a key growth area for the firm and the role will be an essential part of the ongoing effort to expand our offering to the firm's internal and external clients.
The friendly diverse global team is a mix of server-side developers, KDB developers for the data platform and python developers working on building a new platform for research. We work very closely with index quants, sales, trading and research delivering cutting-edge technology and financial products.
The role involves all aspects of the software development life cycle: analysis, design and implementation, as well as enhancement of existing systems. We need a flexible and practical technologist who demonstrates excellent problem-solving skills, enjoys all aspects of software development and will contribute to the success of the team and our business.
As part of this role you will:
- Contribute to our projects as part of the global team collaborating closely with our business.
- Provide support for the business developing new and maintaining existing indices.
- Be accurate and have a mind for the detail.
- Learn about equity derivative and ground-breaking algorithmic financial products.
- Be a technically proficient and enthusiastic developer, with a desire to comprehend the full stack in order to help engineer new and existing components.
- Be flexible and want to work in an agile environment.