Junior Real Estate Finance
- Tokyo, Tokyo-to, Japan
- Permanent, Full time
- SOCIETE GENERALE HK
- 23 Feb 19
Junior Real Estate Finance
Societe Generale is one of the leading financial services groups in Europe. Present in over 50 countries across Europe, the Americas and Asia. Societe Generale provides corporate, financial institutions, investors and public sector clients with value-added integrated financial solutions.
- Contribute directly to the business in Japan of the global Real Estate(GLFI/AFI/REL) business line, consistent with its strategy.
- Assist in the origination and execution of mandates to arrange tailor made finance transactions for business line clients
- Assist in the origination of finance transactions in the real estate sector in Japan. These transactions will typically be non-recourse (secured) or corporate (secured) transactions. Secured transactions may be secured by a single asset or a portfolio of assets and will be otherwise consistent with the guidelines prescribed for the business line (as may be updated from time to time).
- Structure and execute finance transactions in accordance with business line procedures. Main tasks include market and transaction-specific analysis, execution of the due diligence process, preparation of credit applications, performing obligor and transaction rating, term sheet drafting and preparation of offers and agreements.
- Answer questions of SG's credit department and any other entities involved in the credit approval process.
- Participate in the negotiation and finalization of loan documentation assisted by external and/or internal lawyers.
- Coordinate with and assist GLFI/SYN (SG's loan syndication dept.) in the primary and/or secondary distribution of loans in accordance with the agreed strategy.
- Monitor and follow-up the client relationship and provide business line input in respect of the monitoring of transactions and their documented terms and conditions throughout the life of transactions (and including the annual review) by the middle office.
- Maintain an awareness of Japan real estate market conditions and trends.
- Play an active role in the on-the-job training and development of the business line's trainee or intern (if any).
Key Skill Areas & knowledge Required:
- Ability to work in a small team environment
- Fluency in English and Japanese
- Analytical skills
- Cashflow modelling skills using Excel
- Knowledge of Japanese regulation and law related to the business (preferred)
- JSDA (Japan Securities Dealers Association)'s Internal Administrators/Controllers'
- qualification or willingness to obtain
- University degree in a relevant discipline (business, commerce, law)
- 3-4 years structured finance experience