L3 Ops - Server Operations
- Tokyo, Tokyo-to, Japan
- Permanent, Full time
- Morgan Stanley
- 21 Nov 17 2017-11-21
See job description for details
The Enterprise Computing Unix Operations Level 3 team is responsible for maintaining a diverse plant of Unix, Linux, Nas, and San.
This team serves as the highest level of escalation for supporting Level 1 Command Center as well as Level 2 Unix/Linux Administrators.
The team is further responsible for developing procedures and tools that enable Morgan Stanley's distributed plant to scale effectively, by eliminating or parallelizing repetitive operational tasks.
The team is tasked with the deployment of all new distributed and storage infrastructure including new data center build outs. Team members frequently interact with engineering teams and collaborate on the testing and certification for new hardware and software products.
Unix Operations is also responsible for working with various customers in a number of different business units during outage scenarios and leveraged to assist in scaling their plant. Oncall support and weekend work are also part of this role.
The ideal candidate will need strong communication skills and be highly organized. Strong technical skills are a must as well as the ability to think outside of the box. The ability to identify opportunities to increase optimization, planning, and executing. This individual will need to be a self-starter.
Enterprise Level Experience
* In depth knowledge of Solaris and Linux (Red-hat).
* Detailed knowledge of TCP/IP and associated technologies (NFS, NIS).
* Programming level knowledge of at least Korn Shell and perl.
* Ability to debug complex problems.
* Effective oral and written communication skills and interpersonal skills are essential, as well as the ability to work well in a team environment.
* The individual should have strong organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple tasks and high pressure situations for outage handling, management or resolution.