At MFS, you will find a culture that supports you in doing what you do best. Our employees work together to reach better outcomes, favoring the strongest idea over the strongest individual. We put people first and demonstrate care and compassion for our community and each other. Because what we do matters - to us as valued professionals and to the millions of people and institutions who rely on us to help them build more secure and prosperous futures. What you will be responsible for: PRINCIPAL RESPONSIBILITIES : Office Manager 70%
Assistant to Managing Director-Japan 20%
- Manages and supports a wide spectrum of office management and operational aspects of the Japan office.
- Performs a variety of specialized duties, which may be complex or confidential in nature, to assist management and ensure smooth and efficient operations of the Japan office.
- Primary contact for the Boston Departments (Purchasing, Business Continuity, IT etc.) to manage local processes and resolve complex matters as needed. Collaborate and maintain strong mutual working relationships with internal and external resources.
- Responsible for office management/development and vendor management. Undertake sourcing and liaising with suppliers/vendors (including property agents, building management team), and maintaining positive working relationship with these external parties.
- Responsible for collaborating the Japan Disaster Recovery and Pandemic plans with Management and HR as well as with the Disaster Recovery team in Boston.
- Responsible for ensuring that all IT support functions are maintained and that any issues are resolved with the appropriate support departments.
- Responsible for managing the overall facilities in the office ensuring a clean, health and safe work environment and meeting the needs of employees appropriately. Adhere to building safety and as well as fire regulations within the office and attend evacuation drills.
- Closely works with a head of the Japan Office to provide the support for future office relocation/office layout change projects, if needed.
- Improve, enhance, and develop on going procedures to ensure quality efficient workflow.
Assumes additional duties as requested 10% JOB REQUIREMENTS :
- Performs a variety of administrative duties to assist the Managing Director-Japan and to ensure smooth and efficient department operations.
- Organize and schedule appointments and meetings
- Book travel arrangements (e, g, conference calls, rooms, taxis, couriers, hotels, etc.
- Minimum of three years office manager and secretarial experience
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent education or experience
- Tackle various projects with flexibility and agility to deliver the results.
- Strong interpersonal, organizational and communication skills.
- Independent problem solver who presents solutions and takes initiative.
- Strong ability to multi-task without losing focus.
- Ability to work with employees at all organizational levels, and to communicate/negotiate with external partners.
- Ability to handle information in a manner which protects confidentiality.
- Excellent interpersonal and written and oral communication skills both in Japanese and in English.
- Thorough knowledge of relevant PC programs. Ability and willingness to learn new programs as needed.
- Ability to work efficiently within a highly pressured, deadline-oriented environment.
- Highly organized and ability to plan aead.
- Ability to adjust and cope with uneven/unpredictable workflows.
- Willingness to work hard.
- Strong sense of responsibility and motivation to succeed.
#LI-HYBRID What we offer:
At MFS, we view our employees as family - and like you, we want our family happy and healthy. That's why we provide competitive benefits programs and family-friendly policies which support the work-life balance needs of our employees.
During the Covid pandemic, MFS Employees are currently working from home. When safe to do so and in accordance to local government guidelines, MFS will be a hybrid work environment
(remote/onsite) unless otherwise stated in the job posting .
If any applicant is unable to complete an application or respond to a job opening because of a disability, please contact MFS at 617-954-5000 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
MFS is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer
and it is our policy to not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state or local laws. Employees and applicants of MFS will not be subject to harassment on the basis of their status. Additionally, retaliation, including intimidation, threats, or coercion, because an employee or applicant has objected to discrimination, engaged or may engage in filing a complaint, assisted in a review, investigation, or hearing or have otherwise sought to obtain their legal rights under any Federal, State, or local EEO law is prohibited. Please see the EEO is the Law document and Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision , linked for your reference.