Legal Counsel - Fintech Payments
- May 18, 2021
- English: Fluent
An opportunity to join a global payments and merchant services provider that is expanding its profile in the Japan market Roles/Responsibilities
- An established fintech pioneer is searching for a qualified lawyer (Japan or overseas) to join it's small and growing business team in Tokyo as they expand their client network of enterprise businesses. The specialise in providing an innovative and premium tech platform to handle payments processing, settlements and risk management, and their clients include major multinational businesses and well known commercial brands.
- This person would be partnering with the senior management group, as well as the sales and business development team locally as new merchant agreements are negotiated and clients are onboarded.
- Additionally they would be playing an important role in managing legal risks by engaging / building relationships with key Japan regulatory authorities in relation to compliance policy, conduct and consumer protection.
- They would also be a part of a wider APAC legal team, and have a direct reporting line into the lead counsel based in Singapore.
- 3-5+ years experience PQE, ideally with some experience in-house within financial services or technology
- Excellent communicative skills in English & Japanese, with an international mindset.
- An ability to operate in an agile, fast-paced environment, with a creative approach to solutions.
About our client
- Payments or other fintech experience is preferred but not mandatory
A vibrant international company with a youthful culture and creative approach to financial services. Building on their strong global growth performance in recent years they offer flexible working conditions, competitive remuneration and a flat management structure.
Morgan McKinley Asia Pac is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.