This venture is backed by a Keidanren company exploring new ways of doing business. For them to achieve their goals they need a legal specialist to advise the steering committee on matters of Personal Information protection, contracts and digitalization and AI If you have handled such areas of law and are looking for a new and refreshing way of utilizing your skills and knowledge this could be the opportunity.
Legal Specialist, Personal Information Protection
As a team, the Legal & IP team is expected to work efficiently in a fast-paced environment and to make quick yet well-thought-out decisions.
WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
We are looking for a legal expert who is passionate about helping us create the best technologies in the world and supporting us in high-profile collaboration and partnership with companies around the world through contract negotiations, considering both technical and business development strategies.
・Personal Information Protection matters
Provide expert advice and educate employees on Personal Information Protection
Draft new and amend existing internal policies, guidelines, and procedures
- Conduct audits to ensure compliance and address potential issues
・Provide Legal support primarily in executing contracts for R&D and business, especially those initiated and managed by Woven Planet, Woven Core and/or Woven Alpha.
・Review, draft, negotiate, and manage commercial agreements in English and Japanese and agreement negotiations independently or collaboratively.
・Manage and/or review translations of various legal documents between English and Japanese.
・Manage legal matters with both internal and external stakeholders.
・Manage special local, regional or global projects where required.
- 3+ years of experience in handling Personal Information Protection matters in a corporate legal department.
- 3+ years of experience in reviewing and drafting contracts in a corporate legal department.
- Business Level Proficiency in English and Japanese.
- Bachelors (and above) degree in law.
- 1+ year of experience in working or training outside Japan.
- Experience in handling litigations or disputes.(handling those matters outside Japan is a strong plus)
- Experience in advising on or being involved in collaboration projects with other companies.