MarkitSERV Product Management Associate Director - Tokyo
MarkitSERV provides end-to-end trade processing and workflow solutions that support all participants in OTC trading from post-trade notices of execution, trade confirmation and allocations to clearing and reporting.
Ongoing OTC market structure changes are altering the way the industry operates, creating an intricate web of connectivity, data management and trade processing requirements. Rapid growth in new trading, reporting and clearing venues globally, along with the associated connectivity and processing demands, are increasing pressure on the middle and back office infrastructures of buy-side and sell-side participants. For all parties, the costs associated with compliance with new and evolving OTC regulations while maintaining operational flexibility are higher than ever.
MarkitSERV helps industry participants meet these challenges, while minimizing the cost and complexity of running their business. By integrating processes along the OTC transaction lifecycle from post-trade notification and confirmation, to allocations and regulatory clearing and reporting, we provide end-to-end, multi-asset trade processing solutions.
MarkitSERV supports a broad range of asset classes and products, working continuously with the global financial industry to ensure swift and efficient coverage of new products. Position summary
This position contributes client management, product management, market structure, and industry engagement for MarkitSERV in Japan.
This main responsibility of this role will be to keep close relationship with clients and partner with internal teams around client resolution and satisfaction. The product focus is on interest-rate, credit, and equity OTC derivatives markets.
This is a challenging role and will give a successful candidate the opportunity to work closely with key personnel of major dealers, financial market infrastructures, industry associations, and regulators and contribute to the industry as a whole. Duties & accountabilities
Business personal competencies
- Keep close communication with clients, identify their needs, and realize them or resolve issues. Clients include banks, securities houses, asset managers, insurance companies, CCPs (local and international). Approximately 100 Japanese financial institutions use MarkitWire, our OTC derivatives confirmation platform. G15 banks also use our platforms locally.
- Ensure smooth day to day operation of the product suite across asset class, platform and geography, working with Client Service and Application Support team.
- Drive industry engagement for OTC Derivatives in MarkitServ across rates, credit, equity
- Promote new functionality of MarkitSERV platforms to existing clients
- Support sales and business development to drive adoption of new services
- Partner Head of MarkitSERV Japan and Account Management on senior management of our clients in Japan to ensure highest levels of client satisfaction
- Work with Product Strategy and Product Development in APAC region to maximise opportunities in new markets
- Ensure pricing and positioning for our global platforms is appropriate to drive growth in region
- University graduate or masters
- Proven experience in OTC derivatives market is Must
- Understanding of OTC derivatives post-trade process is desirable
- OTC derivatives Middle Office experience is desirable
- Strong problem-solving skills are advantage
- Knowledge of OTC derivatives regulations is advantage
- Must be fluent in written and verbal English and Japanese
- Strong work ethic
- Strong client-orient mind set
- Excellent communication skills
- Open minded, flexible and willing to adapt to changing situation
- Strong team player and comfortable working in a team environment
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision
IHS Markit is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or accommodation to use our website to apply to a position, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only.
We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit is proud to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment drug testing. As a federal contractor in the United States, IHS Markit is required to participate in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work in the United States. For information regarding legal rights and protections in the United States, please click on the following links:
Right to Work
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Pay Transparency Statement
----------------------------------------------- Current Colleagues
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.