Operations is a dynamic, multi-faceted division that partners with all areas of the firm to deliver banking, sales and trading and asset management capabilities to clients around the world.
Alongside this vital service delivery role, Operations provides essential risk management and control, preserving and enhancing the firm's assets and its reputation. Operations span all product lines and markets, serving as internal business partners who develop the processes and controls, and help to specify the systems that deliver accuracy, timeliness and integrity to our business.
We aim to build a modern and digital-first transaction banking solution to serve our clients. Our business combines the strength, heritage, and expertise of a 150-year-old firm with the agility and entrepreneurial spirit of a tech start-up. Our goal is to provide a best-in-class digital product that helps clients to succeed by giving them a holistic view of their business. Through the use of modern technology built on the cloud, we are the alternative to legacy platforms. We're a team of diverse experts helping our clients to build the future of their Treasury. YOUR IMPACT You are looking to join a fast-paced, dynamic team that has broad connectivity across the firm for Transaction Banking (TxB) critical process. You will collaborate with cross-Federation teams and across the globe to manage Transaction Banking cash payments and receipts each day. You have a strong desire to learn about the firm's different businesses and how they support our client and manage business risks, as well as work closely with a network of key banks and internal payments team to ensure smooth execution. Goldman Sachs launched this TxB business just a few years ago in US, followed by UK/ EMEA and now Japan/ Asia. You will get the opportunity to contribute to the evolving business from such early stage. OUR IMPACT
TxB Payment Ops is global, multi-faceted and cross product team within Operations. The primary objective of the team is to deliver smooth payments execution and reconciliation, and tying it back to tight ledger integrity. TxB Payment Ops have regional presence in Salt Lake City, New York, London, Warsaw, Bangalore Singapore and Tokyo. TxB Payment Ops is managing all incoming and outgoing cash movements, and monitoring transactions for compliance to legal and regulatory requirements. Our team also works actively in the payment regulation and payment infrastructure space. TxB Payment Ops, partnering with TxB division, provides front to back services to transaction banking clients around the world in services including execution of payments and exception management. For every new product launched and every client on-boarded it is Operations that develops and enables business flow. Especially, our TxB strategy is aiming to expand the capabilities and businesses in Japan/ Asia, Asia TxB Payment Ops is expected to contribute for the growth will be even increased majorly in upcoming years. JOB SUMMARY AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Understand business needs, elicit, agree and document the requirements for payment schemes and processes surrounding them
- Be solution orientated and work in in an agile environment to build our Payments strategy, including self-clear and 3rd party cash management services
- Help design and establish appropriate payment functions globally to support the Transaction Banking Settlements clearing processes including payment risk management, investigation and repair functions, and firm/customer funding flows
- Work with the business to resolve cash settlement exceptions / issues and FX unwinds
- Actively assist to develop an overall payments strategy as the industry evolves alongside our business needs
- Oversight payment controls functions including sanctions control and fraud management
- Liaise with AML compliance team to resolve payment exception risk
- 10+ years of professional and relevant payments experience
- Expertise Technical Knowledge of Japan domestic payment systems (Zengin & BOJ) and regulations and general cash management operations.
- Cash Management experience in a regulated banking environment, understanding of basic operating rules (returns, exception item processing), handing corporates' payment experience.
- Proficient in payment messaging formats (ISO 20022 and 15022 standards)
- Experience with SWIFT payment messages and formats, including general cash management and nostro reconciliation
- Prior work experience in an evolving industry change is a plus
- Also skills/ expertise for the data management and relevant tools (i.e. Alteryx) is a plus.
- High energy & motivated, especially in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
- Candidate must be proactive, enthusiastic and team oriented
- Ability to remain composed under pressure
- Ability to prioritize and make decisions in a fast-paced environment
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Strong client service orientation, including the understanding for the local client demands
- Strong written and verbal communication skills (English & Japanese)
- Adapt to new changes and new challenges
- Strong analytical skills
- Well-developed organizational skills
- Good understanding for the new technologies and BIs
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers.
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https://www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2021. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity