PIMCO is a global leader in active fixed income with deep expertise across public and private markets. We invest our clients' capital across a range of fixed income and credit opportunities, leveraging our decades of experience navigating complex debt markets. Our flexible capital base and deep relationships with issuers have helped us become one of the world's largest providers of traditional and nontraditional solutions for companies that need financing and investors who seek strong risk-adjusted returns.
Since 1971, our people have shaped our organization through a high-performance inclusive culture, in which we celebrate diverse thinking. We invest in our people and strive to imprint our CORE values of Collaboration, Openness, Responsibility and Excellence. We believe each of us is here to help others succeed and this has led to PIMCO being recognized as an innovator, industry thought leader and trusted advisor to our clients. About Us
We are PIMCO, a leading global asset management firm. We manage investments and develop solutions across the full spectrum of asset classes, strategies and vehicles: fixed income, equities, commodities, asset allocation, ETFs, hedge funds and private equity. PIMCO is one of the largest investment managers, actively managing more than $1.8 trillion in assets for clients around the world. PIMCO has over 3,070 employees in 22 offices globally. PIMCO is recognized as an innovator, industry thought leader and trusted advisor to our clients.
PIMCO is one of the world's premier fixed income investment managers with thousands of professionals around the world united in a single purpose: creating opportunities for our clients in every environment. Since 1971, we have brought innovation and expertise to our partnership with the institutions, financial advisors and millions of individual investors who entrust us with their assets. We aspire to cultivate performance and leadership through empowering our people, diversity of thought, and a commitment to an inclusive culture that engages in our global communities.
Position Description Portfolio Associate Team Overview
Portfolio Associate team members directly support Portfolio Managers and build relationships internally with Account Managers, Product Managers, Legal and Compliance counterparts, Operations teams, and other Portfolio Associate teams across the firm's global offices. On a day-to-day basis, Portfolio Associates actively monitor portfolios to assist Portfolio Managers in rebalancing risks and providing operational support where necessary. Portfolio Associates are routinely encouraged to provide creative solutions and develop key tools and reporting methods to support the Portfolio Management team. Position Development Value:
- Extensive exposure to industry authorities within Portfolio Management and across other functional areas of the firm
- A broad range of opportunities to collaborate with talented colleagues
- Learning environment focused on key buy-side portfolio risk and return principles
- Constructive feedback to foster career growth in addition to a formal annual review process
- Ensuring investment objectives are reflected across portfolios in scope
- Monitoring portfolio positions and products versus client guidelines in concert with Compliance team
- Coordinating with Portfolio Management on re-balancing of portfolios
- Utilizing proprietary risk systems for monitoring of portfolio exposures
- Assisting in account transitions and cash flow management
- Conducting performance and attribution analyses
- Tagging trades into risk categories within the portfolio
- Ad hoc operational tasks
- Responding to ad hoc requests from the Portfolio Management team
- Strong academic background in a technical field from a leading, accredited college or university
- Good understanding of fixed income and equities including knowledge of most cash and derivative instruments
- Outstanding communication skills are required to operate in a complex financial environment
- Excel "power user" - programming skills (e.g. Python, VBA) are preferred
- Strong process-oriented background and ability to demonstrate keen portfolio risk and operational awareness
- Outstanding analytical skills with a proven ability to function efficiently and problem-solve in a fast paced and time-critical environment
- Good understanding of Portfolio Risks and Macro Investment Models
- Programming skill is a plus while proficiency with Excel is required
- Ideal candidate will have a Master's degree plus minimum 1-2yrs of work experience
Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Statement
PIMCO recruits and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, national origin, ancestry, religion (including religious dress and grooming practices), sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender (including gender identity and expression), age, military or veteran status, disability (physical or mental), any factor prohibited by law, and as such affirms in policy and practice to support and promote the concept of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action, in accordance with all applicable federal, state, provincial and municipal laws. The company also prohibits discrimination on other basis such as medical condition, or marital status under applicable laws.
Applicants with Disabilities
PIMCO is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, including veterans, in job application procedures. If you have any difficulty using our online system due to a disability and you would like to request an accommodation, you may contact us at 949-720-7744 and leave a message. This is a dedicated line designed exclusively to assist job seekers with disabilities to apply online. Only messages left for this purpose will be considered. A response to your request may take up to two business days.