SSGA Japan Operations Portfolio Service - Senior Associate
State Street Global Advisors (SSGA) is a global leader in asset management, and, is the investment management arm of State Street Corporation, one of the world's leading providers of financial services to institutions. SSGA is entrusted with more than USD $2.689 trillion in assets (as of March 31, 2020). State Street is an equal opportunity employer and we encourage applications from men and women from all ages, including those with a disability and those who identify as LGBTI. Summary of role Who we are looking for
The Portfolio Services is responsible for ensuring effective and efficient oversight of the operational functions handled by internal/external providers including our group companies.
You will interact with various key stakeholders including Investment Operations team, Client Relations team, Portfolio Managers and third-party providers to ensure service level attainment across particular back and middle office functions (transaction management, recordkeeping, cash & security reconciliation, corporate actions and account opening).
You will report directly to the leader of Portfolio Services group in Tokyo. Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining is a part of State Street Global Advisors, one of the biggest asset managers in the world, that provides services to the world's governments, institutions and financial advisors across the globe. With over four decades of experience and trillions of dollars in assets under management, we offer one of the broadest selections of services across asset classes, risk profiles, regions and styles. As pioneers in index, ETF, and ESG investing, we are always inventing new ways to invest.
Join us if making your mark in the asset management industry from day one is a challenge you are up for. What you will be responsible for
What we value
- Provide an effective oversight of outsourced operational functions handled by internal/external parties including the group companies
- Conduct day to day operations related to account maintenance, preparation of specific trade orders and cash flow entries into an internal system
- Support other operational tasks (regulatory reporting, client reporting, client onboarding, AML/KYC related tasks, etc.) and initiatives
- Extensive liaison with the business in order to facilitate effective and accurate operational delivery
- Assist a development of new business scheme from Operations perspective
- Assist account opening, closing and amendment working with internal/external parties
- Develop and maintain relationships with key internal and external stakeholders as required
- Maintain an effective change management program that helps ensure a continuous ability to meet business, client and regulatory needs
These skills will help you succeed in this role:
- Strong communications and organizational skills with key internal and external stakeholders
- Self-motivated professional with the ability to work under pressure and manage multiple priorities while maintaining attention to detail
- Demonstrate ability to evolve daily operational processes, recommend and implement changes and deliver continuous improvement
- Moderate English language skills, both written and verbal
- Experience of providing an effective monitoring over outsourced functions
Experience, Qualifications, Skills and Abilities:
About State Street What we do.
- University degree required
- 5+ years professional experience. Financial services especially Investment Management industry experience preferred
- Broad based experience focused on risk management, or audit experience preferred
- Native Japanese
- Team player and self-motivated professional with the ability to work under pressure and manage multiple priorities while maintaining attention to detail
- Strong English language skills, both written and verbal
- Strong communications and organisational skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong computer skills including knowledge of word processing, spreadsheet and database application
- Basic project management skills
State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we're making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we've been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients. Work, Live and Grow.
We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You'll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential. Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility.
We truly believe our employees' diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Discover more at StateStreet.com/careers