Wellington Management offers comprehensive investment management capabilities that span nearly all segments of the global capital markets. Our investment solutions, tailored to the unique return and risk objectives of institutional clients in more than 60 countries, draw on a robust body of proprietary research and a collaborative culture that encourages independent thought and healthy debate. As a private partnership, we believe our ownership structure fosters a long-term view that aligns our perspectives with those of our clients.
We are transitioning to a hybrid work environment where both remote work and the office play a critical role. Our vision is a future where all employees are empowered to work flexibly to drive the best outcomes for our clients. Flexible work is a mindset and a core value. Our employees are encouraged to work remotely two days a week as a standard practice and will have flexibility in terms of working hours.
Principal, Fund and Client Operations will be based in the Tokyo office. The Fund and Client Operations APAC team is a part of InvesTech APAC group that provides world-class operation support to both investors and clients globally. The Fund and Client Operations is designed to accommodate regional operation related inquiries, account set-up support during onboarding phase, meeting multiple unique local operational and regulatory requirements, leading and preparing local domiciled fund launch and ongoing service. This individual is expected to work closely with key stake holders within InvesTech organization worldwide as well as other key business partners in other functions both locally and regionally. Responsibilities of the division include a wide range of services listed below with oversight responsibility when needed:
- Investment Operations (Trade Reconciliations, Post trade Operations, Corporate Actions and Reconciliation)
- Fund Operations
- Security Referential Data and Pricing
- Derivative Operations
- Investor Support (Performance, Cash Flow, Cash Projection Management, Product Support)
- Initiating account record set up for new accounts and/or portfolios, reviewing and approving new accounts set up, facilitating proper use of internal trade restriction flags.
- Client transition events, including new mandate funding, terminations, asset-in-kind flows, product/portfolio changes, and custodian changes.
- Ensuring the timely delivery of account opening documentations, orchestrating custodial and market opening and connectivity both internally and externally.
- Operational risk management.
- Understanding and adopting local regulatory requirements in relevant work processes
- Plan and prepare for changes in global operational platforms and environment
This individual is expected to play a significant role in the streamlining processes and enhancing workflow designed to support our global model, aligned with local market practice and requirement.
The following list of responsibilities also includes oversight responsibility by the position:
- Interact with brokers and WMC personnel to perform trade reconciliation and to resolve trade discrepancies.
- Interact with custodian banks, clients, and WMC personnel to facilitate account opening, restructurings, closings and maintenance of internal reporting, compliance and other systems.
- Ensuring client originated cashflow is captured by Wellington's system appropriately and client account will not be overdrawn.
- Monitor control reporting to help ensure accuracy, mitigate risk, and facilitate specialized processing requirements for client cash request.
- Provide support for Wellington Management Funds cross boarder fund related matters (dealing terms, cash flows, transfers, transitions).
- Work closely with the InvesTech team members based in Boston and London to create, enhance, and implement efficient workflows, controls and procedures.
- Act as a local Operational expert for clients as well as internal departments such as Client Service Management, Client Group, Global Support team and Trading.
- Build and cultivate strong relationships and monitoring mechanism with key custodian banks and trust banks. Identify opportunities and collaborate with these firms to enhance alignment to Wellington's global standard model and industry best practices.
- Develop a deep understanding of Wellington Management, the culture, where resources reside, and how various functional groups operate to enhance operational support to meet clients' expectation
- Remain flexible with own job responsibilities and help define the evolving roles within InvesTech APAC
Candidates will need to be highly knowledgeable of Investment Operations concepts and processes. They must be able to demonstrate a sound judgement on a number of topics by considering the downstream impact and implications in an investment Management setting. Given the scope of this role and the dealings with internal and external contacts, candidates should possess strong interpersonal skills and excellent written and oral communication skills in English.
Other qualifications/attributes may include:
- Bachelor's degree with more than 15 years relevant of industry experience
- An analytical thinker with a proactive approach to process improvement, learning, and problem identification/resolution while having broader perspective at the same time
- Thoroughness, attention to detail and the ability to think and work independently as well as operate in a team with colleagues in multiple locations spanning several time zones.
- Strong organizational, prioritization and multi-tasking skills.
- Sound and timely judgment.
- Possess sense of risk management and mitigation
- Quick learner with ability to apply business and industry knowledge.
- Happy to be part of global and regional projects and initiatives and ability to lead discussion
- Possess global mindset, fair judgement skill and collaborative behavior
Not sure you meet 100% of our qualifications? That's ok. If you believe that you could excel in this role, we encourage you to apply and welcome a chance to review your background. We are dedicated to building and maintaining a diversified workforce and considering a broad array of candidates with a variety of skill, workplace experiences, and backgrounds.
As an equal opportunity employer, Wellington Management ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, creed, national origin, age, ancestry, disability (physical or mental), medical condition, citizenship, marital status, pregnancy, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable law . If you are a candidate with a disability, or are assisting a candidate with a disability, and require an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please email us at GMCANINQ@wellington.com .