Product Development, Global Product Group, Vice President
Description About this role Business: Strategic Product Development
BlackRock's Global Product Group (GPG) has a mandate to drive organic revenue growth by enhancing product development and innovation and by bringing greater strategic discipline and insight to the products we offer our clients. GPG is tasked with ensuring that BlackRock has an industry-leading product set to support our clients' needs and the firm's growth aspirations in all market environments. We work and advise on design considerations for all investment strategies (active, index, multi-asset, illiquids), vehicle types (tax transparent, corporates, trusts) and regulatory regimes. The team carries out a wide range of functions, including: market, competitor and fund range analysis; the business analysis and design of specific ideas; the project management of fund launches/changes, including detailed product structuring and negotiation through internal approval processes and the production and ongoing maintenance of fund documentation. The team manages the Product Development Committee which approves all new products prior to launch as well as product changes. Role Description:
We are seeking a high quality VP to work as a product developer in Tokyo, reporting to the Head of Japan GPG. The individual will work in partnership with the Client Businesses, the Investments Group and the Corporate and Business Operations teams to help drive product development efforts mostly for Japan collaborating with teams in Tokyo, New York, and many other locations globally. This individual will lead on significant individual product projects and contribute to the product platform. The role will require an ability to work within a multi-asset class environment and with a range of financial instruments. Responsibilities:
Skills and Qualifications:
- Lead projects to deliver fund launches, repositionings and other changes with excellence in project management and intellectual integrity, across a wide range of client businesses and asset classes
- Partner with stakeholders in BLK's client facing teams, portfolio management, research and strategy, and operating teams to implement the product development agenda
- Conduct market research in order to establish a fund's viability in the market, customer appropriateness, competitor landscape and pricing, and partner with the investment teams and distribution teams to drive the product pipeline and product ideation.
- Build business cases around product ideas, in partnership with the Client Business and Investment teams
- Monitor existing products and implement range management activities to maximize the revenue potential, efficient usage of resources and relevance of BlackRock's product portfolio
- Develop strong working relationships with other teams in the region, in particular Client Businesses, Investments Group, Business Operations and Legal & Compliance.
- Previous relevant experience in the investment funds industry or businesses. 7+ years of experience in the asset management industry with expertise in the development and delivery of products is and experience of both local and offshore fund structures are advantageous
- Ability to learn quickly and work across a breadth of projects with different structural, regulatory, client and asset classes focuses are essential
- Good understanding of asset management services (onshore/offshore investment trusts, discretionary investment advisory services, ETFs, etc), portfolio management, operational processes, legal and regulatory requirements in the context of pension, financial institution and retail businesses in Japan
- Excellent communication skills (fluency in both Japanese and English) to articulate complex product ideas/concepts, deal with complex legal documents, and influence and build relationships across different stakeholders at all levels
- Strong and proven project management skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, including ability to coordinate across multiple functions, geographies and stakeholders across the firm
- Knowledge in alternative investment funds would be advantageous
- Key personal attributes will also include a high level of intellectual agility and creativity, ability to work independently as well as part of a team and the ability to manage business expectations
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about. About BlackRock
At BlackRock, we are all connected by one mission: to help more and more people experience financial well-being. Our clients, and the people they serve, are saving for retirement, paying for their children's educations, buying homes and starting businesses. Their investments also help to strengthen the global economy: support businesses small and large; finance infrastructure projects that connect and power cities; and facilitate innovations that drive progress.
This mission would not be possible without our smartest investment - the one we make in our employees. It's why we're dedicated to creating an environment where our colleagues feel welcomed, valued and supported with networks, benefits and development opportunities to help them thrive.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit careers.blackrock.com | www.blackrock.com/corporate | Instagram: @blackrock | Twitter: @blackrock | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.