Quality Assurance Lead
Company & department description
SWIFT provides the platform, messaging, standards, and products & services to over 11.000 customers in more than 200 countries and territories.
Our employees are the foundation of this success. SWIFT has an unique corporate mindset, where diversity, personal development and networking are actively encouraged. And we think you'll like our office culture, built around the way we work to achieve a healthier work/life balance.
If you want to be part of our dynamic, multi-cultural institution with over 2400 employees of 75 nationalities, in 26 offices worldwide, then explore the vast opportunities, rewards and internationally competitive packages that we are waiting for you here at SWIFT.
Alliance Messaging Hub is SWIFT's lead messaging solution. It allows very advanced and tailored integration between the bank middleware and applications on one side, and the various networks, SWIFT and others, on the other side.
The APAC Professional Services division is looking for a Test Lead to strengthen the Japan team footprint. As a Test Lead in consulting, you will play a crucial role in each project by ensuring the SWIFT solutions delivered in professional services project are delivered against a high standard and meet all customer requirements. You will also be providing consultancy and guidance to our customers around best practices for their acceptance testing of SWIFT products and solutions. Responsibilities
As a test lead in consulting, you are expected to bring expertise in the area of quality assurance and test management in some of the larger projects delivered to SWIFT customers. It is your responsibility to establish processes ensuring quality delivery trough a mix of various testing techniques. These can include continuous integration, automated and manual testing, static review of deliverables, and many others. Based on in-depth analysis of the requirements and design, you identify the test needs, and choose the appropriate techniques. You help identify the relevant sets of test data required for the solution under test, and ensure a live-like test environment is maintained. Key Responsibilities
- Organise, control and participate in review of requirements/design of new implementations to ensure testability and become acquainted with the features of the proposed solutions.
- Define the test strategy for the project, both for internal delivery, and for the banks quality assurance.
- Define the test schedule for the project, inline with the test strategy, and integrating with the overall project schedule.
- Lead and control the development of test specifications/test cases/ sets of regression tests, for new projects and solutions in an accurate and timely manner.
- Work with the customer project manager and test manager, ensuring the scope of testing of the SWIFT test effort is clear and agreed, and ensuring proper coverage of the customer's test effort.
- Help minimize the test effort by enabling automated testing in the project, and identification of issues early trough continues integration and automated deployment.
- Coordinate Application Patch Strategy and related expectation setting between Product Management and client.
- Guide and motivate team members and provide input to continuous improvement to test processes and practices.
- Lead and follow up on daily meetings with the bank during their installation and testing, track open items and ensure root causes get investigated and tracked using tools such as JIRA and ALM.
Professional knowledge and experience
- 8 to 10 years of experience within a testing or development environment; 5 years of experience in testing.
The following are an asset
- Strong analytical skills;
- Strong communication skills with excellent Japanese and English, both written and spoken;
- Experience in software testing is essential;
- Customer orientation and commitment to quality;
- Experience in defining and using configuration management practices is essential;
- Experience working in consultancy or working against delivery deadlines;
- Knowledge of protocols and technology standards: network technologies, messaging (MQ, SOAP, REST...), XML, database and security technologies;
- Knowledge of SWIFTNet, SWIFT's interface products, and SWIFT's messaging solutions;
- Experience with integration middleware and common messaging technologies;
- Experience with Test Management Tools such as in JIRA and ALM;
- Experience with version management tools such as Git and Subversion is an asset;
- Experience with test automation tools such as Selenium and Robo Framework is an asset.