Regional Sales Director, Japan
- Annual Base Salary + Variable
- Tokyo, Tokyo-to, Japan
- Permanent, Full time
- Dow Jones & Company
- 17 Jan 19
This role is part of Dow Jones’ Corporate Sales in Asia Pacific. The RSD will manage a team of sales, account management and product training staff. This team will be responsible for retaining existing contract revenue and driving new revenue from both existing and new customers. The RSD’s success will ultimately be judged on the revenue performance of the sales team under their management and growth across key products and market sectors. Driving this revenue performance will require a focus on the team, the revenue, and on customers.
To develop a team of high performing salespeople, the successful RSD will need to have a people focus which will be reflected in diligent goal-setting, closely tracking revenue performance and behaviors, and disciplined performance management of all team members. The RSD will need to focus on financial performance through closely tracking individual opportunities and threats for their team’s customer and prospect base. Focusing on customers, the RSD will directly engage with clients or prospects where this can have a positive effect on the region’s revenue. He/She will also analyze overall market trends for the geographies and industries they oversee.
What are the key Responsibilities?
- Manage a team of salespeople for retaining existing contract revenue and increase revenue from both existing and new customers. Identify growth opportunities, retain business and develop appropriate prospect lists.
- Identify and execute on strategic growth initiatives in Japan – working together with the PIB product, content and executive teams.
- Drive goals for both team results and sales activity, monitor key metrics and determine areas of opportunity and threat.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with senior level executives at customer organizations, assist individual sales situations where necessary.
- Stay informed of industry trends and competition, changing technology and customer feedback on Company’s products.
- Develop and execute a plan for the team to ensure a high level of performance by team-members.
What do we need from you?
- At least three years of sales management experience, preferably leading a B2B sales team selling solutions to high value clients across multiple industry sectors.
- Ability to lead, manage and build a sales team to accomplish team goals and sustain high team morale. Able to coach staff to improve their skills and performance.
- Five years’experience in solution sales, preferably with direct experience in the online information industry.
- Previous multi-million dollar revenue responsibility in a selling role.
- Ability to maintain effectiveness when working closely with people of diverse cultures or backgrounds.
- Consistently demonstrate key skills such as listening, questioning, fact-finding, resolving account issues, and resolving client requests or concerns.
- Able to modify communication and leadership style based on the needs of the situation and the person.
What do we offer?
We offer a professional, progressive and multicultural work environment for you to grow both personally as well as the opportunity to work for one of the world’s leading financial and business news companies.
How do you apply?
If you feel that this exciting and fast paced position matches your skills, experience and motivation, please submit your CV and state your salary expectations via Dow Jones Career Site.