Risk. Credit Risk, Associate, Tokyo
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
The Risk division is responsible for independent review of credit, market, operational, model, liquidity risk throughout the firm. RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS YOUR IMPACT
Through credit risk taking decisions you make, you are striking a balance between risk and rewards for the firm in the most efficient way to enhance shareholder value. You will become a risk expert with in-depth knowledge in many industries. Your daily decisions will ensure that the firm's risk appetite statement and risk-taking philosophy are consistently executed. You are the safeguard of the firm's capital through economic cycles. HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
Credit Risk (CR) is a central part of Goldman Sachs' risk management framework, with primary responsibility for assessing, monitoring and managing credit risk at the Firm. CR is staffed globally with offices including New York, London, Salt Lake City, Warsaw, Bengaluru, Hong Kong and Tokyo. Understanding the credit quality of corporations, financial institutions and governments worldwide is an essential aspect of the firm's ability to be an effective financial intermediary. CR professionals with expertise in financial, credit and risk analysis work closely with many areas of the firm as well as clients, offering a unique opportunity to gain a broad perspective on the activities of the Firm. CR partners with other divisions in the firm and externally with clients to support the firm's wide array of banking and trading businesses. CR professionals are part of the value proposition of the firm and balance our key functional responsibility of control with that of being commercial. CR has strong traditions of risk management, client service excellence and career development opportunities for our people.
- Assess the credit and financial strength of the firm's trading counterparties and borrowers to determine acceptable levels of credit exposure
- Analyze the risks inherent in the products Goldman Sachs trades, including increasingly complex derivative transactions
- Participate in managing risk of lending book including relationship loans, debt investments by merchant banking division
- Coordinate with the firm's business units, Legal, Operations and Compliance departments to ensure appropriate documentation, covenant monitoring, limits and risk mitigation to protect against a counterpart default and minimize potential losses
- Monitor and manage exposures at a counterparty, product and portfolio level
- Meet with companies to conduct due diligence as part of ongoing oversight or transactional requests
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience in a related credit analyst role
- University Degree - no special major(s) required, but problem solving, analytical and quantitative skills are essential
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in Japanese is required
- Teamwork oriented, but drive and ability to work under own initiative are also important
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize workload and meet deadlines
- Attention to detail
- Proficiency in Excel
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2021. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity