Sales Representative, Vice President (Sector Solution Sales)
Who we are looking for
This Sector Solutions sales position will have primary responsibility for growing State Street in across its key client segments and meeting/exceeding given sales targets. This is a new business sales role, requiring you to research opportunities, initiate discussions, build prospect relationships, manage the sales process and close deals that generate new revenue. Primary prospects will be asset managers, asset owners, sovereign wealth clients and insurance companies. This role is based in Japan. Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining is a part of State Street Global Services (SSGS). SSGS gives asset owners and managers access to the essential financial tools they need to deliver effective investment solutions. From core custody, accounting, fund administration and shareholder recordkeeping, to complete operations solutions and servicing for alternative assets like OTC derivatives, private equity and real estate, SSGS' tools help our clients make better investment choices and act on growth opportunities.
Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for. What you will be responsible for
As Sales Representative you will
What we value
- Deliver/exceed annual sales and revenue targets by building and executing sales strategies
- Lead sales process from prospecting through close, including lead generation, client meetings, prospect qualification, and RFP completion
- Successfully partner with a virtual team of executives and subject matter experts through all aspects of a long and detailed sales cycle
- Proactively build/drive pipeline volume, accelerate sales cycle, actively manage to close
- Diligently track and manage all opportunities in CRM tool
- Represent State Street at relevant industry events and conferences
- Develop and maintain strong product knowledge and understanding of competitive offerings
- Collaborate with relevant management resources to drive product and messaging strategies to differentiate our solutions
- Partner with Product Specialist and Demo team during client presentations to ensure client engagement and positive outcome
- Work closely with operations, legal, risk and relationship management to align opportunities with corporate goals
- Network to uncover other relationships / services that enhance prospecting opportunities
- Understand, monitor, and communicate competitor activity throughout the market, identifying key strengths and weaknesses relative to State Street's product offering
- Provide feedback to Corporate Marketing on product positioning, marketing materials, and industry trends
These skills will help you succeed in this role
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Leadership skills and proven sales success and track record
- Ability to gain access and interact with C-level executives
- Strong time management and presentation skills
- Strong written and verbal skills along with a high level of professionalism
- Demonstrated track record of achieving/exceeding financial goals
- Ability/process of accurate pipeline management from initial lead to close
- Ability to work within a collaborative environment to achieve results
- Ability to manage and influence colleagues and virtual team members
- BA/BS degree, Masters degree (or equivalent) preferred
- 10 - 12+ years successful sales experience
- Strong financial services background and experience
About State Street What we do.
- Willingness for regular business travel
State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation, we're making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we've been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients. Work, Live and Grow.
We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary by location, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans, among other perks. You'll have access to flexible Work Programs to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential. Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility.
We truly believe our employees' diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift programs and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Discover more at StateStreet.com/careers