What you will be responsible for
As an Client Service professional (Officer Level) you will
- Take on lead CS responsibility for select clients (including some of our most strategic Insurance, Asset Manager and Asset Owner clients) and effectively support, manage and be an active part of a dynamic team in an important growth area for SS Japan
- You will:
- effectively and transparently manage, track and resolve client queries and challenges touching full range of services and topics such as
- payment status monitoring,
- distribution and liquidation coordination
- technology, system queries, password resets and access requests for State Street application(e.g. Mystatestreet.com)
- change requests, regulatory requirements, systems issues capability, process improvements/risk and other initiatives
- proactively self-serve to research and answer client queries in timely manner, reaching out where necessary across SS teams globally (almost always in English to achieve great outcomes for client
- access requests and State Street application (eg.Mystatestreet.com) related queries,
- Coordinate 3rd party notifications (IMs, Trustees, Administrators, law firms, and others)
- coordinate with client on class action monitoring,
- maintaining and facilitating completion of contractual documents, oversight/ensure timely and accurate invoicing and billing (and payment)
- actively manage and drive client/fund onboarding/offboarding
- effectively manage client change requests, SLA's, KPI reporting, and projects (internal and with clients)
- issue resolution, tracking,
- support internal data metric gathering and analysis, and working effectively with global internal State Street groups for resolution.
- Own creating improved controls and processes, workflows and efficiency for the group
- Handle high-level, strategic Client Communications
- Coordinate KPI Service Review cycle including the relevant document preparation at hands on level.
- Support Relationship Managers internal and external governance, service and revenue opportunities, and providing internal management reporting related to clients.
- The position's ultimate goal via the above bulleted activities is to win and maintain high Client's satisfaction.
- Must always demonstrate adherence to our risk and compliance culture and demonstrate highest integrity in servicing our clients and earning our clients' trust everyday.
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Strong knowledge for Global Custody Services/Business/Operation
- Experience working as client service or operation with large financial institutions
- Strong communication skill both in English and Japanese
- Strong interpersonal and cross-cultural skill
- Able to work as a team player
- Literacy in finance and investment product (especially, investment trust)
- Strong motivation to study new business area
- Working knowledge on fund administration services, either offshore or domestic\\
- Familiar with multiple domiciled offshore fund documents. (Prospectus, Investment Agreement, Trust Deed, Custody Agreement, etc)
- Knowledge of State Street products, systems, and their applications [applicable only to internal hire]
- Degree in Finance/ Business/ Law or related discipline
- Industry credentials (CFA, CPA etc), either completed or in progress.
- - 3-10 years+ in Financial Services Industry (Asset Manager, Outsourcing Provider, Trustee, Security company, or Global Custodian (Preferred)
- - 3-10 years+ in Client Service or similar position in any of the following category of investment services
- Global Custodian
- Japanese Asset Administration bank
- Investment Trust Management Companies (Toshin)
- Investment Management Companies (Toshikomon)
- Trust Bank's Asset Services Department/Operation Department Securities Company
- Bachelor/ Graduates from University (Preferred)
- Strong English skills (at least TOEIC 930 or up equivalent level) (Strongly Preferred)
- Strong (Native Level) Japanese language skills
These skills will help you succeed in this role
- Strong organization skills. Person who can create organization and improved efficiency via improved procedures, workflows and processes and can effectively manage clients and client expectations.
- Knowledge and experience of Offshore Funds, Asset Manager's, Outsourcing Provider's, Japanese Trustee's, or Global Custodian's operations
- Verbal and writing/ reading communication in both Japanese and English skills .
- Strong problem solving skills
- Strong inter-personal and communications skills - able to effectively interact with clients (for both good and difficult messages)
- Strong client communication skills
- Loves taking ownership of issues and seeing them to resolution on behalf of clients
- Effective at working across large global organizations to identify those with the knowledge/answers to quickly and effectively respond to client queries and issues.
- Must be a team player
- Must enjoy challenges and thrive on change
- Can effectively handle ambiguity while meeting desired outcomes
- Team Worker with flexibility and adaptability to any environmental changes.
- Takes ownership of issues and seeing them to resolution on behalf of clients
- Capability of working independently with timely escalation to / information sharing with/ consulting your line manager(s) in case of anything unusual occur/ may occur.
- Holds self and those around them accountable