Securities Finance: Agency Lending Client Manager, Officer/Assistant Vice President
Who we are looking for:
As a Client Manager, you must be able to learn the Securities Finance products in a fast-paced environment. You will work closely with senior Client Managers that service our institutional investor clients as well as different teams on the trading floor including trading, risk, operations, reporting and portfolio management. In this front-office position, you are expected to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment in order to support time-sensitive client deliverables and division sales effort. You will have the opportunity to work with State Street Managers and clients from North America. Why this role is important to us:
The team you will be joining is a part of State Street Global Markets (SSGM). When owners and managers of institutional assets need research, trading, securities lending and innovative portfolio strategies, they turn to SSGM business unit. As our investment research and trading arm, SSGM's number one goal is to enhance and preserve our clients' portfolio values by applying technology, optimizing trading, and linking asset classes and markets across the world.
Join us if making your mark in capital markets industry from day one is a challenge you are up for. What you will be responsible for:
What we value:
- Inquiry management from clients about cooperate action, income collection, trade settlement, client reporting etc.
- Translation of marketing material.
- Position reconcile.
- Actively support senior relationship managers in servicing clients (e.g., generate reports and review and research items of note)
- Prepare presentations, reporting, and benchmarking data for clients. Research and discuss factors impacting clients' lending performance
- Champion relationship for designated/assigned clients regardless of size, client engagement, etc.
- Prepare and present in-person (and/or via teleconference) performance updates to clients
- Oversee process to update clients' program parameters on systems and assist in reviewing correct client lending profiles
- Maintain call reports and meetings in SF360
- Liaise with the Business Development sales efforts by producing and reviewing revenue estimates and growing "new from existing" business through expansion of program parameters/guidelines
- Working with Global Services and other State Street divisions to address any operational issues or identify potential sales prospects
- Responsible for managing internal risk and compliance matters pertaining to assigned client relationships, as well as coordinating (with applicable COE, OPRT and Trading) any required client specific requirements.
Education & Preferred Qualifications:
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong presentation skills
- The candidate should have strong written skills and be able to effectively organize and prioritize a workload.
About State Street What we do.
- Bachelor's degree
- Masters of Business Administration or CFA preferred
- 3-5 years securities lending, custody banking and/or accounting experience. Sales experience is relevant
- Fluency in Japanese and English required
- Knowledge of financial markets, custody banking and preferably the securities lending industry
- Knowledge of MCH or DML preferred
- Strong Access, Excel, Word and PowerPoint skills
State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we're making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we've been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients. Work, Live and Grow.
We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You'll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential. Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility.
We truly believe our employees' diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Discover more at StateStreet.com/careers