Securities Lending Trader
- Tokyo, Tokyo-to, Japan
- Permanent, Full time
- Morgan Stanley
- 21 Jan 19
See job description for details
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy thatbalances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
Morgan Stanley's Institutional Securities Group (ISG ) is a remarkably broad and diversified business. We provide institutions with almost every kind of financial product and service across the world's major markets. Whether you're interested in planning complex deals; trading on the moment-to- moment movements of the capital markets; analysing the financial needs of a company or a wealthy family, Morgan Stanley is the place to be.
Bank Resource Management (BRM) handles the centralized management and governance of Morgan Stanley’s global securities financing and OTC derivatives activities. BRM’s clients include leading hedge funds, asset managers, banks and institutional investors. BRM helps position Morgan Stanley as a leader in establishing funding and collateral management practices.
The successful candidate will join the BRM Securities Lending Trading Team, managing the risk and profitability of the Japan trading book and taking ownership of supply-side relationships trading across multiple financing products. The team sits in a fast-paced trading environment with connectivity to clients and firm trading desks.
- Risk management, positioning and ongoing optimisation of the equity financing books
- Idea generation, positioning and risk management around corporate actions.
- Synthetic sourcing through delta one derivatives (TRS, SNO, SSF)
- Pricing new and existing business including overnight, term transactions and exclusive portfolios
- Managing and growing external lender relationships
- Providing expert commentary to both external and internal clients on a single name and sector-level.
- Daily P&L reconciliation/book management and maintenance
- Close interaction / building solid relationships with related business partners to maximize franchise value
Skills required (essential)
- Experience working within securities finance or a comparable trading environment.
- Experience in equity derivatives are highly preferred
- Fluent in Japanese, understanding of the nuances of the Japan market and doing business in Japan
- Outstanding analytical and quantitative skills
- Attention to detail
- Must be an excellent team player with a strong work ethic
- Ability to multi-task in a high-pressure environment
- Strong interpersonal/relationship-building skills
- An entrepreneurial and innovative approach and a risk-aware attitude
- Presentation skills and confidence in telephone, written and face-to-face interactions