Senior Research Analyst I - Japan (Interior, Electronics, Lighting)
IHS Markit Supplier Solutions team is looking for a qualified candidate to fill the position of Senior Analyst - Interior, Electronics and Lighting. The role will contribute to the delivery of current and new IHS Markit services around the topics of Passive Safety, Interior comfort and Lighting which support clients both in Japan and on a global basis.
The role encompasses a mix of qualitative and quantitative research, trend forecasting as well as strategy analysis of technology strategies and supply chain research related to the domains above.
The responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Developing new forecasts on interior, lighting, electronic systems. These forecasts based on original research conducted by the Senior Analyst supported by IHS Markit's proprietary data/tools.
- Maintain databases which track automotive technologies and supplier information
- Nurturing a network of contacts at automotive companies
- Project work involvement, including cross-regional and cross-team projects as needed
- Interfacing and supporting clients on a daily basis, as well as frequent client presentations
- Supporting business development activities as well as the wider offerings of the team (as required from time to time)
- Proven understanding of automotive supplier trends and OEM technology strategies in passive safety, interior comfort, lighting and electronics
- Engineering background is highly desirable
- Fluency in Japanese and English, additional languages are a plus
- Proven connections/entry points in the automotive industry
- An interest/passion for cars is desirable
- Proficiency with MS applications required (Excel, Word and PowerPoint); understanding of database mechanics helpful (e.g. Access, SQL)
- Accurate Analytical and Data interpretation skills
- Good presentations skills and comfortable in client interactions
It is the policy of IHS Markit to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, IHS Markit will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. We maintain a drug-free workplace. For candidates in the US, we are a participant in E-Verify (see link below).
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Right to Work
Pay Transparency Policy
Current Colleagues If you are currently a colleague with IHS Markit please apply internally via Workday.