Who we are looking for :
This role is a fantastic opportunity to join the talented and dynamic State Street Global Advisors SPDR ETFs Distribution Team in Tokyo Japan.
In this role, your key mission would be to execute strategies to drive sales of SPDR ETFs (Cross-listed, US Dom, UCITS and Asia Pacific fund ranges) across our key client segments: Financial Intermediaries, Institutional Asset Owners and Institutional Asset Managers. In this context you will be partnering with our local intermediary and institutional sales teams to maximise our efforts. Why this role is important to us :
This is a great opportunity to operate in a team friendly environment where you would work collaboratively with the Global SPDR Team to promote our range of ETFs in the country. Together we will continue to build a client focused, collaborative and dynamic sales culture. What you will be responsible for :
What we value
- Execute strategies to drive sales of SPDR ETFs (Cross-listed, US Domiciled, UCITS and APAC ranges) across our key client segments:, Institutional Asset Owners, Institutional Asset Managers and Financial Intermediaries, to achieve SPDR net new asset and revenue targets for the SPDR Japan and APAC business;
- Lead from the front to identify and anticipate client requirements, expectations and needs;
- Directly develop and lead SPDR ETF relationships in Japan across all distribution channels
- Strategic input into the business plan for growth for SPDR ETFs in Japan,
- Clearly communicate SPDR ETFs investment ideas and research to clients and prospects;
- Collaborate closely with the local and regional marketing and strategist teams to design, elaborate and execute sales strategies;
- Lead and execute sales campaigns and dynamically involve clients on major SPDR initiatives (seminars, events, surveys) within the SPDR Japan team, promoting an excellent and positive teamwork culture at all times;
- Partner with the Capital Markets teams to build liquidity for clients in Japan;
- Remain abreast of industry and product trends (including competitive analysis) to ensure SPDR is strongly positioned in the local Japanese market; and
- Collaborate with regional and global stakeholders across State Street Global Advisors and State Street business divisions to build a cohesive strategic client approach.
Education & Preferred Qualifications :
- Strong communication skills;
- Proven leadership skills;
- Confident, enthusiastic and solution oriented mind-set;
- Strong technical ability with investment industry knowledge;
- Ability to work well within a team with strong organization skills;
- Positive, entrepreneurial and can do attitude;
- Enthusiastic, motivated and open
- Willingness to roll up sleeves and navigate complexity;
- Excellent time keeping and adherence to deadlines
- Aligned with State Street's culture of corporate citizenship; and
- Desire to work in a diverse, multi-cultural environment and for an equal opportunity employer.
Additional requirements :
- Strong Client Facing with Investment or distribution experience in the asset management or asset sales industry, (preferably ETFs) for part or all financial services career;
- Between 8-10 years' industry distribution experience;
- You have operated at a mid-senior level in strategic sales, marketing and client relationship for an extended period of time;
- Confirmed ability to execute successfully on strategic sales plans through one on one and one to many activities;
- Confirmed client relationships and experience in developing strong relationships across client segments;
- Confirmed team management experience would be valued
- Degree qualified or equivalent with a financial or analytical discipline preferred;
- Holds current JSDA licenses.; and
- Good level of Japanese (native or equivalent level) and English (business level)
Are you the right candidate? Yes!
- Successful ETF or other financial products Sales track record and advanced client relationship management skills;
- Strong business instincts, good judgment and creative mind-set;
- Advanced communication and client relationship management skills.
- Demonstrated ability to provide fresh insights and new ways of approaching issues based on past experiences, a global perspective, and well-articulated facts and reasoning;
- Confirmed dedication to risk, compliance, governance and regulation policies and procedures;
- Analytically minded with strong analytical skills.
- Comprehensive asset management market and product knowledge across all SSGA/SPDR asset classes/product lines.Strong analytical skills and ability to prioritize multiple responsibilities to meet deadlines;
- Ability to build positive relationships with internal and external clients; and
- Willing to assume responsibility and take ownership of tasks assigned.
We truly believe in the power that comes from the diverse backgrounds and experiences our employees bring with them. Although each vacancy details what we are looking for, we don't necessarily need you to fulfil all of them when applying. If you like change and innovation, seek to see the bigger picture, make data driven decisions and are a good team player, you could be a great fit. About State Street What we do.
State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation, we're making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we've been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients. Work, Live and Grow.
We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary by location, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans, among other perks. You'll have access to flexible Work Programs to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential. Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility.
We truly believe our employees' diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift programs and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.