See job description for details
Morgan Stanley is a global financial services firm and a market leader in investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. With offices in more than 43 countries, the people of Morgan Stanley are dedicated to providing our clients the finest thinking, products and services to help them achieve even the most challenging goals. As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. We embrace integrity, excellence, team work and giving back. Technology
The Technology division partners with our business units and leading technology companies to redefine how we do business in ever more global and dynamic financial markets. Our sizeable investment in technology results in leading-edge tools, software, and systems. Our insights,
applications, and infrastructure give a competitive edge to client's businesses and to our own.
Enterprise Technology and Services (ETS) delivers and manages essential and innovative technology infrastructure solutions to Morgan Stanley's businesses. ETS is responsible for driving the production, operations, and engineering of our data centers, voice and data networking solutions, mainframe servers and databases, distributed computing, wireless technologies, and associated end user capabilities. Position Description:
The Private Cloud Level 3 team is part of the Enterprise Computing organization within Morgan
Stanley. The team has presence in several cities globally and is focused on supporting cloud and
container-based platforms for internal as well as external clients. You will integrate with the global follow the sun operations model, which translates to global responsibility for technologies supported by the team in the respective regions. Team members frequently interact with engineering teams and collaborate on the testing and certification of software deployed to the platform.
- Provide L3 support for Morgan Stanley's internal cloud, including on-call rotation
- Work closely with the internal cloud engineering team and provide input on testing of new component releases and infrastructure upgrades, as well as performance, capacity, and monitoring
- Create and improve processes for supporting the internal cloud, including training, documentation, customer engagement, automation, and scripting
- Manage incident, problem, and change management for cloud
- Work together with L2 teams and other L3 team members internationally Qualifications: Skills Required:
- 3 to 5 years of linux experience
- Sound knowledge of server infrastructure, virtualization, and cloud computing
- Experience with maintaining high-availability production systems
- Experience in enterprise-level hosting environments, in particular cloud and container technologies
- Excellent understanding of internet and networking protocols, including TCP/IP, HTTP/HTTPS
- Ability to handle outage/incident situations
- Strong organizational skills and ability to manage multiple tasks and high-pressure situations for outage handling, management, and resolution
- Experience with Agile and DevOps concepts
- Bachelor degree in a related field
- Can communicate effectively with various user groups, e.g. developers and engineers, as well as remote team members Skills Desired:
- Have administrative competence in at least one major scripting language or platform (for example Python, Perl)
- Strong understanding of security protocols, e.g. SSL/TLS, Kerberos
- Knowledge of system monitoring in cloud environments, including cloud-specific products and tools
- Experience in developing monitoring architecture and implementing monitoring agents, dashboards, escalations and alerts
- Experience operating in large, enterprise environments
- ITIL knowledge Equal Opportunity Statement
Morgan Stanley’s goal is to build and maintain a workforce that is diverse in experience and background but uniform in reflecting our standards of integrity and excellence. Consequently, our recruiting efforts reflect our desire to attract and retain the best and brightest from all talent pools. We want to be the first choice for prospective employees.
It is the policy of the Firm to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, disability, marital and civil partnership/union status, pregnancy (including unlawful discrimination on the basis of a legally protected pregnancy/maternity leave), veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversifying its workforce (M/F/D/V).