Software Engineer (Securities Settlements)
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB What We Do
At Goldman Sachs, our Engineers don't just make things - we make things possible. Change the world by connecting people and capital with ideas. Solve the most challenging and pressing engineering problems for our clients. Join our engineering teams that build massively scalable software and systems, architect low latency infrastructure solutions, proactively guard against cyber threats, and leverage machine learning alongside financial engineering to continuously turn data into action. Create new businesses, transform finance, and explore a world of opportunity at the speed of markets.
Engineering, which is comprised of our Technology Division and global strategists groups, is at the critical center of our business, and our dynamic environment requires innovative strategic thinking and immediate, real solutions. Want to push the limit of digital possibilities? Start here. RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS Who We Look For
Goldman Sachs Engineers are innovators and problem-solvers, building solutions in risk management, big data, mobile and more. We look for creative collaborators who evolve, adapt to change and thrive in a fast-paced global environment.
The Securities Settlements Technology team maintains and develops the suite of applications supporting the global securities clearance & settlement process. These applications sit in the broader context of the overall securities trade processing architecture and as such represent an ideal vantage point from which to understand the entire flow in context, from middle office trade processing, asset servicing, funding, & client assets through to the way in which postings downstream influence the books and records of the firm. The core application, Corona, is a 100% in-house, modern Java-based application with high scalability & throughput, handling millions of transactions daily. There is close collaboration across the global team in Jersey City, Tokyo, Hong Kong, London & Bengaluru both in terms of day-to-day issues & longer-term projects. Project opportunities are not limited to internal business initiatives, Technical uplift, but also industry initiatives that regional regulatory bodies replacing their systems. Those initiatives may be expected as the opportunities to work on latest Technology such as blockchain. How You Will Fulfill Your Potential
Skills And Experience We Are Looking For
- Translate business and technical requirements into well-engineered business applications based on object oriented design.
- Interface with internal clients/end users and other development teams
- Participate in the full SDLC for software written with Java, SQL, RESTful web services, RMI, JMS messaging and web UIs.
- Stay up-to-date on industry driven changes and design globally consistent solutions that meet local requirements.
- Over 2 years of experience with object oriented programming in Java, SQL
- Analytical skills to perform technical and functional analysis with strong communication skills.
- Experience in test driven development.
- Strong ownership and teamwork to deliver solution and resolve issues to meet business requirement with strict timelines.
- Project management skill to define tasks and plan development work against project timeline.
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
- Experience with JMS (messaging), Unix shell scripting is a plus.
- Experience with platforms within GS is a plus.
- Language skills in Japanese and/or Cantonese is a plus.
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2021. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity