Specialist - Operation, Tokyo
We are PIMCO, a leading global asset management firm. We manage investments and develop solutions across the full spectrum of asset classes, strategies and vehicles: fixed income, equities, commodities, asset allocation, ETFs, hedge funds and private equity. PIMCO is one of the largest investment managers, actively managing more than $2.21 trillion in assets for clients around the world. PIMCO has over 3,025 employees in 20 offices globally. PIMCO is recognized as an innovator, industry thought leader and trusted advisor to our clients.
PIMCO is one of the worldâ€™s premier fixed income investment managers with thousands of professionals around the world united in a single purpose: creating opportunities for our clients in every environment. Since 1971, we have brought innovation and expertise to our partnership with the institutions, financial advisors and millions of individual investors who entrust us with their assets. We aspire to cultivate performance and leadership through empowering our people, diversity of thought, and a commitment to an inclusive culture that engages in our global communities. Position Description: POSITION OUTLINE:
The candidate is expected to support PIMCO Japan funds business working closely with Client Facing, Product Management, Portfolio Management and Legal & Compliance functions locally and other global offices.
Major tasks include:
- information gathering for onshore/offshore funds
- working in partnership with internal/external counterparts to perform/lead various fund events (e.g. funds development, legal counsel and fund service providers)
- overseeing funds daily operation (e.g. funds ops-subscription/redemption, cash management, client reporting, and audit related).
The candidate will liaise closely with global offices (HQ â€" Newport Beach and others). The candidate should also be expected to be involved in firm-wide initiatives and provide support for industry development, regulatory updates, and any development that has direct impact to the Japan funds business. Funds Development/Fund Operations
Liaison with Internal and External Parties
- Support day to day operation: fund accounting monitoring (=NAV calculation and delivery), cash flow notification, cash management, dividend payment process, and placing orders for daily redemption/subscription of offshore funds.
- Lead fund launch events in close coordination with Product Managers, Account Managers, Legal & Compliance, external legal counsel and fund service providers.
- Lead planning and implementation of restructuring the funds, such as constructing new share classes, modifying product characteristics (e.g. changing investment guidelines) and terminating the funds.
- Research requests from the internal/external clients for business, operational and legal/regulatory issues relating to the Funds.
- Support documentation process (e.g. prospectus, offering documents) with internal/external clientsâ€™ requests for the fund launch or scheduled filling with the regional authority.
- Improve and update the internal tools or procedure (discuss with relevant parties if needed) for the fund development
- Vendor oversight - review process and SLA with outsourced vendors to improve efficiencies and to mitigate operational risks.
- Perform vendor oversight for the transfer agency, operations and/or fund accounting provided by our fund service vendors.
- Participate in monthly/weekly and/or ad-hoc conference calls with other offices and/or vendors, Japanese Trust Banks both in English and Japanese.
- Build strong relationships with various vendors as well as support multiple teams located at PIMCOâ€™s headquarters or other regions.
- 5-10 years of asset management industry or Japanese Trust Banks experiences preferred but mutual fund related business experiences or experiences in the operation of a financial institution would be also fine.
- Fluent verbal and written proficiency in Japanese and English.
- Strong communication skills and ability to articulate complex situations.
- High flexibility and ability to lead and prioritize several tasks within tight deadlines.
- Self-starter, problem solver, detail oriented and team player.
- Strong PC skills â€" Microsoft suites, particularly Excel.
- Project management skill is a plus.
PIMCO is committed to offering a comprehensive portfolio of employee benefits designed to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Benefits vary by location but may include:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Life insurance and travel coverage
- 401(k) (defined contribution) retirement savings, retirement plan, pension contribution from your first day of employment
- Work/life programs such as flexible work arrangements, parental leave and support, employee assistance plan, commuter benefits, health club discounts, and educational/CFA certification reimbursement programs
- Community involvement opportunities with The PIMCO Foundation in each PIMCO office