Sr. Manager Sales/Client Reporting - Japan
Whether you're an investment professional, an expert in sales or a technology specialist, you'll find a culture at MFS that supports you in doing what you do best. Our employees work together to reach better outcomes, always favoring the strongest idea over the strongest individual. We put people first and show care and compassion for our community and each other. Because what we do matters - to us as valued professionals and to the millions of people and institutions who rely on us to help them build more secure and prosperous futures. Job Description MAIN PURPOSE
Backed by the emergence and growth of fixed income products and the acceleration of the retail market business in Japan, the range of clients and prospects are expected to become rapidly diverse and multi-layered. Along with the high-maintenance market characteristics as well as strict regulations and the enhancement of client service function, especially client reporting is imperative to ensure a sustainable competitive edge going forward. Also, bolstering the MFS Japan reporting team enables them to collaborate more closely with related sections across the company to be a hub of total sales support business which helps MFS Japan Sales-RM team secure sufficient time for sales activities. PRINCIPAL RESPONSIBILITIES
- Leads to establish a solid foundation of reporting and sales support function in fixed income products which are in early phase of growth in Japan. Is also expected to play a broad role in supporting fixed income reporting experience across the APAC region going forward.
- In collaboration with team members, the other sections and the outsourcee and exploiting the operating systems, information vendors and PC skills, designs and produces client reporting materials for pension funds, retail and institutional investors, and consultants. To meet client needs and raise their satisfaction, based on deep understanding of investment products, timely and clear-cut reporting with high accuracy is required, which leads to enhanced reputation and presence of our company in the market. Also communicating and collaborating with the head office counterparts, takes proactive role to enhance implementation of automated reporting tools and other resources including web contents into Tokyo office. Promoting streamlining and strengthening of our business by utilizing head office resources is one of the key to our success in the future.
- Based on the compatibility with portfolio and performance data, working closely with sales team and related sections, covers and supports producing sales materials like quarterly review meeting materials and RFPs. This contributes to reduction of sales team's office work and helps them intensify sales activities.
- Performs additional responsibilities as required or directed.
- Minimum of ten years of experience in asset management business including jobs at consulting firm and/or asset management firm.
- Considerable experience and profound knowledge of client reporting of wide range of investment products, especially fixed income for a variety of clients including pension funds, institutional investors and toshin funds.
- Experience of creation of RFPs, sales pitch books and quarterly review meeting materials for pension funds and institutional investors.
- Expertise in analysis and logical explanation for portfolio performances utilizing data from the head office and information vendors such as Factset and Bloomberg PORT.
- Ability to create reporting commentaries of market overview, stock stories and market outlook based on the information from the head office and information vendors.
- Excellent interpersonal and written/verbal communication skills in both Japanese and English.
- Proficient in Word, Excel, PowerPoint and other Widows applications.
- A good fit to MFS culture.
- Global mindset and ability (and experience) of working in a global organization; leveraging and working in partnership/collaboration with internal stakeholders, Boston HQ and other regions.
- Willing to challenge status-quo and think outside the box to get the best solutions.
- Strong leadership to find and leverages opportunities with individuals outside one's immediate area or team for mutual benefit and MFS.
- Ability of programming of VBA.
- Experience of develop and maintenance of the company website.
- Experience of documentation and mandatory disclosure for Toshin funds.
- Bachelor's degree or above.
- Preferably have CFA or CMA (Certified Member of the Security Analysts Association of Japan, the Japanese counterpart of US CFA) .
If any applicant is unable to complete an application or respond to a job opening because of a disability, please contact MFS at 617-954-5000 or email email@example.com for assistance.
MFS is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and it is our policy to not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state or local laws. Employees and applicants of MFS will not be subject to harassment on the basis of their status. Additionally, retaliation, including intimidation, threats, or coercion, because an employee or applicant has objected to discrimination, engaged or may engage in filing a complaint, assisted in a review, investigation, or hearing or have otherwise sought to obtain their legal rights under any Federal, State, or local EEO law is prohibited. " Click here to view the 'EEO is the Law' poster and supplement ."