Technical Sales Specialist - Tokyo
Scope of Responsibility
- The Technical Sales Specialist role is based in Tokyo within our Analytics Coverage Organization. In this role you will work alongside sales and consultants within coverage to help drive new business.
- Using your deep technical product knowledge, you will be responsible for helping to ensure a smooth and successful pre-sales process, by articulating MSCI value proposition through use-case examples and detailed analysis of multi-asset-class portfolios
- You will provide practitioner level risk and portfolio management expertise during the presales process, and taking ownership of the technical aspects of the sales cycle including assisting prospects and clients with POCs/model validation exercises, trials, and other pre-sales exercises that require significant effort and execution.
- This role is a highly visible one, and Technical Sales Specialists typically work on the largest and most strategic opportunities in the region â€" providing a platform for senior-management exposure both internally and with external clients.
- Work within coverage to achieve regional sales targets for the year, focusing primarily on large and strategic opportunities
- Be a subject matter expert on all aspects of our products and methodologies, and be able to answer detailed client inquiries
- Detailed-oriented and meticulous project management during the pre-sales process, including the ability to anticipate and resolve issues (both internally and externally)
- Proactively implementing custom/workaround solutions to meet client use cases
- Work closely with other groups within MSCI including research, applied research, and product development to ensure necessary resources are leveraged during the process.
- Ensure a smooth transition to the Implementation and Client Services team during the onboarding phase for each client
- Keeping abreast of latest industry trends, client needs, and product development roadmap
- Regular travel to client sites within coverage region
- Strong team skills and emotional maturity, with proven ability for independent work and self-teaching
- Fluency in English, additional language skills such as Japanese and Korean are a plus
- Superior communication and time management skills with the ability to handle multiple projects
- Strong analytic and quantitative skills
- Understanding of / experience dealing with major international institutions including Asset Managers, Hedge Funds, Broker / Dealers, Banks
To all recruitment agencies
- Ideally worked in client firm (Asset Manager, Hedge Fund, Bank) in a risk management, quantitative/proprietary trading, quantitative research or portfolio management role.
- Strong understanding of the global equity and fixed income markets, including over-the-counter securities and derivatives and exotic securities
- Thorough understanding of the Investment Management Process
- Significant relationship management experience with a proven record of accomplishment and experience in the financial service industry
- Someone who enjoys intellectual and analytical challenges
- Bachelorâ€™s Degree required ideally from engineering/mathematical background. Ideally MBA, or Masters Degree in a quantitative science, i.e. Finance and/or Phd
- Professional qualifications ideally CFA charter holder, FRM (Financial Risk Manager)
- Experience with RiskMetrics and Barra models would be considered a plus
: MSCI does not accept unsolicited CVs/Resumes. Please do not forward CVs/Resumes to any MSCI employee, location or website. MSCI is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs/Resumes.
MSCI Inc. is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is the policy of the Firm to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, disability, marital and civil partnership/union status, pregnancy (including unlawful discrimination on the basis of a legally protected pregnancy/maternity leave), veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.