Technical Sales Specialist (Analytics)
Your team responsibilities
What we will offer you: Depending on your location of your role, you can expect...
- The Technical Sales Specialist role is based in Tokyo within our Analytics Coverage Organization. In this role you will work alongside sales and consultants within coverage to help drive new business.
- Using your technical product expertise and industry knowledge, you will be responsible for helping to ensure a smooth and successful pre-sales process, by articulating MSCI value proposition through use-case examples and detailed analysis of multi-asset-class portfolios
- You will provide practitioner level risk and portfolio management expertise during the presales process, and taking ownership of the technical aspects of the sales cycle including assisting prospects and clients with POCs/model validation exercises, trials, and other pre-sales exercises that require significant effort and execution.
- This role is a highly visible one, and Technical Sales Specialists typically work on the largest and most strategic opportunities in the region - providing a platform for senior-management exposure both internally and with external clients.
Your key responsibilities
- Competitive fixed and variable compensation, holiday/vacation allowance and retirement savings plans/pensions
- A wide range of benefits including - healthcare, dental plans, risk insurances and (location dependent) - cycle-to-work schemes, gym benefits, retail discounts
- A hybrid work environment, for the vast majority of employees, offering a more progressive way of working to give you the flexibility, accountability, and responsibility to empower you to perform at your very best. At the center of this way of working is a culture which is built on a strong foundation of trust. We trust our people and they trust our organization's leaders to support them.
- An inclusive and performance driven culture where you are empowered to maximize your potential in an environment where all individuals are respected and encouraged to bring their authentic selves to work
- A purposeful approach to Wellbeing to provide you with all the resources you need to be your best at work and in your personal life. Our Here For You Employee Assistance Program provides confidential emotional support with local experts, financial and legal advice in a wide range of issues as well as access to online information, resources and tools. All the services are available for our employees free of charge.
Your skills and experience that will help you excel
- Work within coverage to achieve regional sales targets for the year, focusing primarily on large and strategic opportunities
- Be able to develop a strategic sales plan, including account management planning and sales pipeline building in collaboration with sales team
- Be a subject matter expert on all aspects of our products and methodologies, and be able to answer detailed client inquiries
- Detailed-oriented and meticulous project management during the pre-sales process, including the ability to anticipate and resolve issues (both internally and externally)
- Proactively implementing custom/workaround solutions to meet client use cases
- Work closely with other groups within MSCI including research, applied research, and product development to ensure necessary resources are leveraged during the process.
- Ensure a smooth transition to the Implementation and Client Services team during the onboarding phase for each client
- Keeping abreast of latest industry trends, client needs, and product development roadmap
How we'll support you
- Strong team skills and emotional maturity, with proven ability for independent work and self-teaching
- Fluent in Japanese and English - superior written and verbal communication skills are vital for success in our global organization
- Superior communication and time management skills with the ability to handle multiple projects
- Strong analytic and quantitative skills
- Understanding of / experience dealing with major international institutions including Asset Managers, Hedge Funds, Broker / Dealers, Banks
- Ideally worked in client firm (Asset Manager, Hedge Fund, Bank) in a risk management, quantitative/proprietary trading, quantitative research or portfolio management role.
- Strong understanding of the global equity and fixed income markets, derivatives, and alternative asset classes
- Thorough understanding of the Investment Management process
- Significant relationship management experience with a proven record of accomplishment and experience in the financial service industry
- Someone who enjoys intellectual and analytical challenges
- Bachelor's Degree required ideally from engineering/mathematical background. Ideally MBA, or Masters Degree in a quantitative science, i.e. Finance and/or Phd
- Professional qualifications ideally CFA charter holder, FRM (Financial Risk Manager)
- Experience with RiskMetrics and Barra models would be considered a plus
- Minimum of 7 years sales experience or frequent client-facing role and minimum of 10 years of experience in financial services
About MSCI and our teams
- Coaching, support and encouragement from experts in your team
- Access to a wide range of learning opportunities to support your growth and development
- Customizable learning journeys to help you navigate your professional development
- Transparent performance-based compensation schemes
- Employee Resource Groups such as MSCI Pride, Black Leadership Network, Women's Leadership Forum, Women in Tech, Asian Support Network, All Abilities and Climate Action Groups.
MSCI is a leading provider of critical decision support tools and services for the global investment community. With over 50 years of expertise in research, data and technology, we power better investment decisions by enabling clients to understand and analyze key drivers of risk and return and confidently build more effective portfolios. We create industry-leading research-enhanced solutions that clients use to gain insight into and improve transparency across the investment process.
Our values define the working environment we strive to create. We are inclusive, we champion bold ideas, we always pursue excellence, and always act with integrity. Personal accountability and responsibility are key to success, and we always work as a team to remain client centric.
At MSCI diversity is at our core and inclusion defines our culture. Our people are empowered to maximize their potential in an environment where all individuals are respected and encouraged to bring their authentic selves to work. We work, learn and grow together and we are committed to hiring and promoting qualified women, ethnic minorities and members of the LGBT+ community candidates, who have historically been underrepresented in financial services.
To learn more about life at MSCI please visit https://careers.msci.com or follow us on LinkedIn, Twitter, Glassdoor. To all recruitment agencies
: MSCI does not accept unsolicited CVs/Resumes. Please do not forward CVs/Resumes to any MSCI employee, location or website. MSCI is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs/Resumes.
MSCI Inc. is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is the policy of the Firm to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, disability, marital and civil partnership/union status, pregnancy (including unlawful discrimination on the basis of a legally protected pregnancy/maternity leave), veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.