Technology - EC Seti Linux System Administrator, Associate - Tokyo
- Tokyo, Tokyo-to, Japan
- Permanent, Full time
- Morgan Stanley
- 16 Oct 18
See job description for details
About the Company
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services Firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm’s employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 747 offices in 42 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture
Low Latency Linux support team is looking for a seasoned Linux Systems Administrator, to implement and maintain the next version of our large scale heterogeneous Linux plant. The existing environment consists of a mixture of open source and in-house written Perl and Python components which will be modernised and replaced to ensure the continued delivery of a stable and secure infrastructure with increased agility and flexibility.
Low Latency Linux support team is responsible for maintaining and improving Linux infrastructure for Morgan Stanley's distributed systems. The group is involved in evaluation, certification, integration, and maintenance of numerous products, including hardware, Red Hat Linux, configuration management, system services (DNS, DHCP, NTP, etc.), virtualization technologies and a variety of in-house developed tools.
We are looking for a Linux System Administrator with Perl or Python development experience.
- You will have experience of managing, deploying to and debugging large scale production environments
- You will work with firewall teams and submit tickets for rule changes and troubleshooting requests.
- You will be able to write secure, testable, robust code.
- You will be responsible for on-call responsibilities shared with a global team
- You will be joining a global team of highly accomplished engineers, developers, and operations specialists.
- You will contribute and maintain documentation for systems, processes, and procedures.
- You will have experience with Change Management and Problem management practices
- You will be expected to collaborate with a global team to accomplish deliverables.
- You will be responsible to participate in open forums with your global team to discuss projects.
- You will be expected to act like an owner.
- 4+ years of Enterprise Level Experience in Large Distributed Environment
- In Depth Experience with Linux System Administration preferably Red Hat.
- Detailed knowledge of TCP/IP, Experience with networking and security concepts, implementation, and troubleshooting.
- Experience with monitoring tools and solutions
- Proven analytical and troubleshooting skills in a highly visible faced paced enterprise environment.
- Coding experience with Perl/Python and shell scripting.
- Experience automating workflow
- Ability to work with a global team.
- An understanding of Problem and Change Management Practices
- An understanding of SLA, Metrics, and Alerts
- Effective communication skills to a diverse audience
- Ability to write technical documentation and teach team members.
- Solid understand of Linux Kernel internals performance tuning
- Experience with application integration
- Some experience working in a DevOps centric environment
Equal Opportunity Statement
Morgan Stanley’s goal is to build and maintain a workforce that is diverse in experience and background but uniform in reflecting our standards of integrity and excellence. Consequently, our recruiting efforts reflect our desire to attract and retain the best and brightest from all talent pools. We want to be the first choice for prospective employees.
It is the policy of the Firm to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, disability, marital and civil partnership/union status, pregnancy (including unlawful discrimination on the basis of a legally protected pregnancy/maternity leave), veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversifying its workforce (M/F/D/V).