Technology - Windows Server Operations Level 3 Support Specialist, Associate
- Tokyo, Tokyo-to, Japan
- Permanent, Full time
- Morgan Stanley
- 20 Feb 18 2018-02-20
See job description for details
Windows Server Operations Level 3 Support Specialist
The Windows Server Operations group provides a stable, yet agile and dynamic infrastructure platform to support the business functional requirements whilst managing associated risks. We provide service and support to internal teams and clients on the Windows Platform as well as closely cooperate with the Engineering, IT Security, Service Desk, Application Support teams and third party vendors to handle escalations, provide documentation, resolve complex technical issues and implement new products across the plant.
Our services include incident, problem, and change and drift management and we are responsible for the overall and day to day health of the Windows Server Infrastructure. We distribute the core Windows build, manage security patches, support the software distribution platform, maintain configuration settings and provide reporting on the Windows environment. We develop scripts and other forms of automation to solve problems within the enterprise. This includes creating and maintaining our own monitoring and reporting tools.
We provide global coverage for incidents 24/7 in a follow-the-sun model - you will cover for escalations on one weekend every few months.
Your primary responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
-Level 3 operational support and maintenance of the IT infrastructure to ensure operational stability by following and using the tools, policies, processes and procedures available.
-Handle technical escalations from an L2 vendor managed services support team.
-Provide a secure environment, managing and mitigating risks.
-Resolve Incidents impacting hosts or systems.
-Investigate & Troubleshoot root causes via problem management.
-Identify areas for automation and scripting wherever possible.
-Work with engineering groups to deliver value to customers.
-Testing new and changed components being introduced into the environment.
-Participating in the engineering and deployment of global products.
-Must be able to drive both local and global projects from inception to deployment successfully, according to project timelines dictated by management.
- Experience supporting Windows Severs & Windows OS internals preferably at level 3 in a demanding, large networked global enterprise environment with at least 500 Servers.
- Good understanding of Active Directory (Site. Domain, GPO, OU, Groups, Replication)
- Support experience in DNS, DFSR, DFSN, Microsoft Print Server
- Working knowledge of Clustering technologies such as Microsoft Cluster
- Virtualization technologies: VMware, XenServer, Citrix XenDesktop, Citrix Presentation Server / XenApp Technology, Netscaler Support.
- Hardware support experience in HP, Dell, IBM hardware including driver, software and toolsets
- Experience in supporting System Center, particularly SCCM, SCOM
- Task automation using scripting languages PowerShell, VB Script, Perl or equivalent.
- Strong technical ability in solving deep-level problems. Familiar with different tool sets including Sysinternal suites, Perfmon, GPresult, Network Monitor/Wireshark.
- Ability to manage work, including project deadlines within a highly demanding environment.
- Ability to work and communicate effectively with senior VIP clients for troubleshooting and explaining technical issues.
- Ability to deduce patterns from individual incidents and provide automated solutions to ensure these incidents do not reoccur in our enterprise environment.
- Strong interpersonal, presentation and communication skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English
- Strong sense of personal responsibility and integrity.
- Self-motivated and achievement-oriented with high energy level.
- Excellent team player capable of collaborating effectively with colleagues worldwide
- Flexible and innovative
- Experience working in a large financial environment
- Proficiency in T-SQL and SQL Server administration skills
- AppSense Environment Manager
- NAS (NetApp)
- SAN (EMC & Hitachi)
- Experience operating BigFix and creating fixlets
- Experience operating Citrix NetScaler
- ITIL-based service management