A International energy & commodities trading company is looking to hire a trader / or trading team to trade gas & power into the Japan markets. The focus will be prop and physical trading.
The candidate will have a minimum of 5+ years Japan Power trading and will have strong fundamental analysis skills, a good understanding of the markets supply & demand metrics but will also drive the formulation of a Japanese power strategy and understanding the composite risk of the business unit across trading, risk and prop / 3rd party trading.
They will have excellent communication skills, be able to bridge varying cultures and job categories, and be able to communicate across several complex external landscapes. There is also a great need to work across several internal and external departments (traders, analytics teams, stakeholders)
A track record of developing long-term partnerships and developing mid-long term customer goals is important. They will have excellent skills around persuasion and influence with internal and external stakeholders, tailoring proposals for key strategic objectives across the Japanese power utilities and retailers.
- 5+ years dedicated to power trading, with experience of developing both physical and financial power markets
- Strong track record of trading electricity intraday markets and a good understanding of electricity fundamentals trading derivative instruments on a risk, prop and 3rd party basis
- Must have a decent level of leadership, negotiation skills in line with the group’s trading strategy.
- Has a proven record of developing relationships into the Japanese power utilities and retailers
- Experience in business development / sales in a highly competitive, mature market.
- Experience of managing credit profiles and counterparty risk.
- Strong on negotiation, influencing and persuasive skills.
- Work with the Risk team to ensure risk measures are appropriate but not overly conservative on behalf of internal and external stakeholders.
- Understand the difference between various risk measures and which may be most appropriate at any time.
- University Degree
- High proficiency in Japanese and converse in English