IT Production Officer
About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust provides innovative financial services and guidance to corporations, institutions and affluent families and individuals globally. With 130 years of financial experience and nearly 20,000 partners, we serve the world's most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service.
As a Northern Trust employee (Partner), you will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture, which has a strong history of financial strength and stability. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company that is committed to strengthening the communities we serve.
We recognize the value of inclusion and diversity in culture, in thought, and in experience, which is why Forbes ranked us the top employer for Diversity in 2018.
As an IT Production Officer, you will be part of the Infrastructure team within the Production & Infrastructure Services area.
In this role, you will be in charge of the daily management, administration and troubleshooting of several IT environments. The key responsibilities of the role include:
• Provide technical and application support
• Automate IT administrative tasks
• Deploy new software to test and production environments
• Incident and problem management
• Provisioning of test environments The successful candidate will benefit from having:
• A Bachelor degree in Information Technology or equivalent professional experience
• Good understanding of databases (Oracle) and operating systems (Solaris, Linux and Windows)
• Scripting knowledge (Unix Shell, Perl)
• Basic administration skills of application servers (WebSphere, MQSeries) and Citrix
• Good communication, interpersonal and organizational skills are required
• Ability to work in a team as well as independently and under pressure
• Flexibility, also related to working time (occasional shift work and weekend work might be required)
• Willingness to learn in a fast paced environment
• Fluent in English both written and spoken, German and French being considered as an asset. Working with Us:
We'd love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world's most admired and ethical companies. In return, we will support you with your personal and career goals in a number of ways:
- Life Assurance, Disability Plan, Pension/ Gratuity, Annual Pay Review
Work Life Balance
- Flexible Work Options, Incremental Annual Leave, Community Volunteer Days
Health & Wellbeing
- Private Medical Insurance, Active Sports & Social clubs (lunchtime and after-work groups), Employee Assistance Program
- Clear Career Path, Education Assistance, Recognition Programme, NT University (wide range of online, virtual & in-house training options) and employee-led Business Resource Councils dedicated to diversity and inclusion initiatives.
We hope you're excited about the role and the opportunity to work with us.
We value an inclusive workplace and understand flexibility means different things to different people.
Apply today and talk to us about your flexible working requirements and together we can achieve greater.
As Northern Trust is a financial organisation, all new employees will be required to undergo a criminal record check.